R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Bluetec fuel filter change procedure?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 R-class Bluetec
Bluetec fuel filter change procedure?

The time for our 2010 Bluetec's B Service is approaching. (20k miles in 9 months! This car is easy for racking up the miles.) The A Service oil change and inspections were a snap, so I'd like to save the cost & hassle of leaving it at the dealer by doing the B as well.

The only significant difference between the services is the fuel filter replacement. Hopefully, a filter that's intended to be changed every 20k miles is easy to R&R?

I did purchase a 24 hour Star Tek subscription, but was unable to find any service manual information. Lots of intro to service, technical descriptions, and other interesting reading but no service procedures. And I systematically went through every clickable link on the Star Tek web. Glad that I wasted only 18 bucks...

Does anybody have a fuel filter change procedure? More generally, does anybody have advice on how to access the actual service procedures from Star Tek.

thanks,
Robert
Old 04-22-2011, 11:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
His 2019 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Her's 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Mine BMW R1200R
It's there. I have used it many times, though it's been a while. Try under "WIS net" I think.
Check the GL forum. Someone there did a good writeup on there change a while back.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Originally Posted by rchardwick
Does anybody have a fuel filter change procedure? More generally, does anybody have advice on how to access the actual service procedures from Star Tek.
Well, they are accessible but it's been awhile. Possibly something pops up called WISnet.

Biggest thing is that hoses are secured with CLIC clamps and instructions are to replace (not reuse) them and to NEVER use screw-type clamps.

Installing/removing CLIC clamps requires a special tool, shown here:
http://www.hazet.de/fileadmin/media/...sh_e/r4-3.html
Hazet part number is 798-2.

Also, there's "replace screw plug and both o-rings of the fuel/water separator."

Last edited by lkchris; 04-25-2011 at 01:33 PM.