R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Flushed Door Pins with Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ARRR
Originally Posted by lkchris
Tradition is all it is, I believe. MBUSA simply thinks it's what Americans want. They're NOT required, as for one, BMW have the flush style locks on their cars.

And if you're really **** about it, you can look at a CLK or an SLK and find that MBUSA did NOT change them.

The standard flush door pin Mercedes has used everywhere else still has a 123 part number--meaning it dates to the W123s of late 1970s. These are quite fine and come in lots of colors to match various interiors--IMHO AMG or Brabus pins or anything chrome kind of epitomize "wannabe" or simply "tacky."
Pretty cool info, thanks.

I would prefer plain black chrome if I could find them for a reasonable price. I figure the Brabus ones didn't hurt since I've got their wheels. Better than putting on the AMG ones hehe.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Originally Posted by lkchris
Tradition ....... --IMHO AMG or Brabus pins or anything chrome kind of epitomize "wannabe" or simply "tacky."
Originally Posted by Yang1815
Pretty cool info, thanks.

I would prefer plain black chrome if I could find them for a reasonable price. I figure the Brabus ones didn't hurt since I've got their wheels. Better than putting on the AMG ones hehe.
I just want to be able to put my arm on the door

And, I would be lying if I said I didn't want something a little nicer looking than the black plastic. I have AMG wheels, why not door pins...
Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 PM

ARRR
Originally Posted by mdawg302
I just want to be able to put my arm on the door

And, I would be lying if I said I didn't want something a little nicer looking than the black plastic. I have AMG wheels, why not door pins...
I think it's perfectly fine bud. Your car, your money, your door pins. It's not like you're putting on an AMG badge on the exterior of the car.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:03 PM

Back on track...
Gerald, at formymercedes.com, said the pins he has won't work on my 2010 as the newer MY Mercedes use all push style and his are screw style. Any other sources out there?
Old 07-19-2011, 05:16 PM

ARRR
Back on track...
Gerald, at formymercedes.com, said the pins he has won't work on my 2010 as the newer MY Mercedes use all push style and his are screw style. Any other sources out there?
Trust me, when I called him that's exactly what he said about my 06 but he is mistaken. Mine have the same pins for all four doors. I would be surprised if yours is different from mine since they're the same generation. Worst comes to worst, just install the two in the front and leave the rear alone.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 PM

2011 R350 BlueTec
Wow - Dudes, we're all on the same team. We love our cars and want to share what we think is cool/fun/neat/better.

That was lost between the 1st post & this one. There were 25 "back & fourths" about DOOR LOCK PINS - get over it and accept it as Yang1815's preference !!!!

There's no standard/SOP/MOU at MB about door lock pins. You all probably put more time and thought into those 4 things than all the Mercedes engineers did!

Thank you Yang1815 for your great find and sharing it with me.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:09 PM

ARRR
Originally Posted by Ted Flynn
Wow - Dudes, we're all on the same team. We love our cars and want to share what we think is cool/fun/neat/better.

That was lost between the 1st post & this one. There were 25 "back & fourths" about DOOR LOCK PINS - get over it and accept it as Yang1815's preference !!!!

There's no standard/SOP/MOU at MB about door lock pins. You all probably put more time and thought into those 4 things than all the Mercedes engineers did!

Thank you Yang1815 for your great find and sharing it with me.
Appreciate it bro!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Yang1815
Trust me, when I called him that's exactly what he said about my 06 but he is mistaken. Mine have the same pins for all four doors. I would be surprised if yours is different from mine since they're the same generation. Worst comes to worst, just install the two in the front and leave the rear alone.
Hmmm.... I'll try to unscrew the front this evening and report on what I find out. I too would be suprised if they were different between the'06 & '10 MYs.

I checked Amazon yesterday and there was a company that has the Brabus Black Chrome but it was unavailabale so no price was listed - they looked sharp. They also had AMG Aluminum Pins; they too were unavailable, but there was a review from a guy who bought them on 16 July 2011 and he said they didn't fit his e55 AMG (04 or 05 I think).
Old 07-20-2011, 10:20 PM

ARRR
Hmmm.... I'll try to unscrew the front this evening and report on what I find out. I too would be suprised if they were different between the'06 & '10 MYs.

I checked Amazon yesterday and there was a company that has the Brabus Black Chrome but it was unavailabale so no price was listed - they looked sharp. They also had AMG Aluminum Pins; they too were unavailable, but there was a review from a guy who bought them on 16 July 2011 and he said they didn't fit his e55 AMG (04 or 05 I think).
I got mine from Amazon and that's probably the same listing. I'd check the bay for AMG ones.