R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

After market hitch on BlueTec R-Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After market hitch on BlueTec R-Class

Hey guys,

Has anyone had any experience with after market hitches on the diesels? I'm considering the purchase of an 08 CDI. I can't find anywhere if current aftermarket trailer hitches available will fit the BlueTec models. Cequent performance products (draw-tite, reese, and hidden hitch) say they fit but i've been burned by them before. CURT doesn't offer diesel coverage. Who is right? Thanks guys.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 PM

2011 R350 BlueTec
I bought one for my 08 CDI. (didn't know there was an 08 Blue Tec).

Surprisingly, I was directed by my dealer to purchase it from JC Whitney (which I thought only sold crap). By me buying it, the dealership didn't have the chance to mark it up. My dealership is very helpful.

I bought the hitch & the wiring harness. The dealership installed it for me at a cost of $400.

It's been great and no issues.

The only reason I bought it through an aftermarket was because MB didn't offer anything.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 PM

2009 r class bluetec, 90 Acura Integra B16, 91 Mit. Galant VR4, 03 ES300, 89 Maxima, 98 Beetle TDI
I installed a draw-tite on our 09 r-class blue tec about two months ago. The hitch was very difficult to install because the bolts did not line of very well. The key to getting it on is to install the bumper bolts first and leave them way lose. Then attach the bolts to the under side body work last. had to get my son with a pry bar to put pressure on the hitch to get the bolts lined up.