R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Help Needed-Integrated phone system.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R-500
Help Needed-Integrated phone system.

MB dealer told me that the parts needed to add the phone to my 2006 R-500 are discontinued and do not even show part numbers. I do not have anything in the top console, under the top half, I do have a male 10 pin connector and a round connection of some sort. I need the cradle that has a cable attached so I can add either a puck or phone. And for any experts viewing, is that all I need? Is there a special comand center? I do have the navigation system and cd changer, plus a separate dvd installation all controlled from dash. I have searched and searched. No one seems to know, now that the parts are not listed on the MB parts system.
Thanking you in advance,
Jim Todd
Gadsden, AL

Old 08-25-2012, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Please take photos of the inside of your top armrest and post them here as I don't quite understand what your car currently has.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:38 PM

R-500
Will do asap, thanks for help. Probably tomorrow, today is shot, wife is very ill.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:31 PM

R-500
Pictures and some descriptions

Bottom of top part of console with three screws loose that hold it.

Top of console taken from passenger seat, notice no clips or frames.

Side view of removed raised part next to passenger seat, these wires connect to a switch that has a wrench printed on it.

Side view of tool switch.

These shots show the prewired cables and the pin connections that I think a cradle must plug into. Under the raised portion of the top compartment of console.

You can see the raised portion of the top console on the passenger side, it has a half moon dark shadow on it, BUT nothing electrical is in the top half, but only cables under raised portion.
Thanks for any help,
Jim

Last edited by JatMat; 08-25-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Dang I was hoping you'd have the black half moon electronic piece already there. If you did all you'd need is the cradle which can be found for ~$100 on eBay. But since you don't I don't think your car is fully wired for it and as a result it'd be quite costly to install. I heard of a few people in the same situation as you and they got quoted ~$900 to do it. If it's truly something you'd like to do I'd personally go one of two routes. 1. Is the ask Steve (mbenznl) on this forum who is familiar with this type of retrofit and can supply you the parts and install guide. 2. Is to ask the dealer, but you have to find a competent one that knows what they're doing because the majority of them have no clue where to begin and don't even think it's possible.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:55 PM

R-500
The local dealer (Birmingham) has already informed me that Mercedes discontinued making these parts available and they no longer even have them in their parts system. He told me it could not be done. My cradle and puck out of my C-240 is similar, but it uses a network plug, instead of this 10 pin thing, also the fibre optic is different. I will send mbenznl a pm and ask him to read thread. Thanks for the heads up,
Jim