R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

06 R350 passenger side rear sagging only

Old 09-22-2012, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r 350
06 R350 passenger side rear sagging only

My car is sagging on the passenger side rear only. my silly wife took it to the dealer without checking with me first and they told her it was the compressor (lie) with a cost of 1000 dollars to fix.I checked for myself and the compressor is coming on when I start the car plus if it were the compressor both sides would be sagging, anyway I starterd the car and bounced my weight on the passenger side rear and it raised up. What could it be ? please help I just spent 6700 on a New Transmission for it. With 2 kids in collage I cant afford to keep getting takin for a ride by the dealer. BTW it only have the air suspension in the rear thanks. Darrin
Old 09-26-2012, 07:19 PM

2006 R350
It's most likely the air spring that's leaking, if they are the originals it's probably time to replace them. You can get them from arnott industries for $300 for both rear ones. Changing them is pretty simple, comes with instructions. Involved is jacking up the car, removing the tire and taking out the old one, installing the new one, suprisingly simple to do (simpler than changing the battery on this car).
I suppose it could also be the sensor, there is one on each site, I don't know how to diagnose those. I'm actually dealing with both of my sides being too high all the time, thinking ospf changing the sensors.

They come with a lifetime warranty.
https://www.arnottindustries.com/par...18_pid156.html
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Originally Posted by Bigdarrin620
My car is sagging on the passenger side rear only. my silly wife took it to the dealer without checking with me first and they told her it was the compressor (lie) with a cost of 1000 dollars to fix.I checked for myself and the compressor is coming on when I start the car plus if it were the compressor both sides would be sagging, anyway I starterd the car and bounced my weight on the passenger side rear and it raised up. What could it be ? please help I just spent 6700 on a New Transmission for it. With 2 kids in collage I cant afford to keep getting takin for a ride by the dealer. BTW it only have the air suspension in the rear thanks. Darrin
My Daughter found here car listing to the passenger side on Saturday.
I guess this is a known problem. Thankfully she has CPO 100K, vehicle has 92K miles on it now.