R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Minor Visual Upgrades to the front of the R5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
Minor Visual Upgrades to the front of the R5

Figured i'd change a few things up in the front as a personal preference. I did:
-Painted grills black( left chrome and painted over silver as the later years came)
-Painted hood vents black
-Changed city lights to LEDs
-Changed headlight bulbs to 6000k HID / Xenon

The Xenons were a b!tch to install. ive been playing around with Xenons for years, and this was the first time i had to bring out the dremel. All in all it was a clean install.. sorry in advance for the low quality pics.

Before.. not really a head on

Install

The Difference in Headlight Bulbs

Just City

Everything Complete

Didnt change up the trim on the bumper to match because i'm changing over to the AMG appearance bumpers soon.
Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2013, 04:01 PM

2006 MB R350
I like the grill! I don't have the chrome package so I don't think it would look good on mine. But anyway... Very nice job. BTW where did you come up with the idea of painting the hood vent, and are you happy with the outcome?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by vwfreak
I like the grill! I don't have the chrome package so I don't think it would look good on mine. But anyway... Very nice job. BTW where did you come up with the idea of painting the hood vent, and are you happy with the outcome?
Thanks vwfreak. A few years back i spotted a pewter e55 with the hood vents painted black. I've only had black cars til now, so i tried it and am very happy with the outcome.

If i didnt have the chrome grills i would of did it all out black minus the mercedes star.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:29 PM

2006 MB R350
What kind of paint did you use a flat or gloss black paint? I had Xenon lights on my last car and loved them, where did you get the kit for the R?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by vwfreak
What kind of paint did you use a flat or gloss black paint? I had Xenon lights on my last car and loved them, where did you get the kit for the R?
i went wit a semi-gloss setup.. I had it on the grills of the e55 with no issue. if it chips, i'll get it plasti-dipped, which seems to be the new wave.. Also got the Xenons at a local autosports shop here in brooklyn..Everything error free.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Are you looking to purchase the AMG front bumper? I think the body shop still has mine when I changed over to aftermarket. Are you interested in possibly purchasing mine- it'd have to be repainted to your color and it does have front license plate holes drilled in, but aside from that it's in great condition.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Are you looking to purchase the AMG front bumper? I think the body shop still has mine when I changed over to aftermarket. Are you interested in possibly purchasing mine- it'd have to be repainted to your color and it does have front license plate holes drilled in, but aside from that it's in great condition.

PM SENT