R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Happy with new LED Parking Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2013 | 11:20 PM

2011 C300 4matic, 2015 Porsche Macan S, 2006 R500 (sold)
Happy with new LED Parking Lights

One of my LED parking light finally went out after quite a while. Just got a pair of the newer version of the 194 wedge LED light bulb and they are much brighter and whiter than the old version. The color is definitely matching better with my 55W 4500 HID headlight.

Highly recommend if you are still using the OEM yellowish light bulbs. Here is the link to the seller and I have good experience with him for both my R and C classes.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ront-w204.html

Last edited by supernsx; 11-23-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-25-2013 | 10:31 AM

R500
I've started using LED lights as replacements, but no the MB. Have you had any issues with "bulb out" messages? I think they are brighter and should have a longer life. I've looked around for headlight replacement for my other cars but there seems to be some issues with that related to law.
Old 11-26-2013 | 03:39 PM

2011 C300 4matic, 2015 Porsche Macan S, 2006 R500 (sold)
Originally Posted by starbound01
I've started using LED lights as replacements, but no the MB. Have you had any issues with "bulb out" messages? I think they are brighter and should have a longer life. I've looked around for headlight replacement for my other cars but there seems to be some issues with that related to law.
If you are talking about the driving lights (the lights next to the headlights in triangle shape), my LEDs don't have issues with either "bulb out" or flickering. I believe most of the LEDs out there WILL NOT work on R-class because of the voltage. Even some may works for other MB's but they may not work for the R-class. I received a V4 (latest) LED from AZN and they were flickering and turning off. He later sent me the V3 (older version) and they work well. No idea why.

Btw, don't trust the sellers on ebay or internet without user reviews/references for R-class. I bought two sets from different sellers who said their LED lights will work on MB but they don't. I ended up eating the cost on both of the items since it was not worth the cost to ship them back for a refund. My lesson learn is to rather pay a little more for what sure works then risk it. The chance on not working is kinda high. Buyer beware.

Last edited by supernsx; 11-26-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2013 | 05:49 PM

08 R350, 12 Mercedes R350
Originally Posted by supernsx
If you are talking about the driving lights (the lights next to the headlights in triangle shape), my LEDs don't have issues with either "bulb out" or flickering. I believe most of the LEDs out there WILL NOT work on R-class because of the voltage. Even some may works for other MB's but they may not work for the R-class. I received a V4 (latest) LED from AZN and they were flickering and turning off. He later sent me the V3 (older version) and they work well. No idea why.

Btw, don't trust the sellers on ebay or internet without user reviews/references for R-class. I bought two sets from different sellers who said their LED lights will work on MB but they don't. I ended up eating the cost on both of the items since it was not worth the cost to ship them back for a refund. My lesson learn is to rather pay a little more for what sure works then risk it. The chance on not working is kinda high. Buyer beware.
Yes, most of them will not work. I have a pair installed but it came with a set of load resistors that gave me no warning. LED bulb draws very little current that needs a load resistor to more draw current not the voltage.
Old 12-19-2013 | 04:04 PM

R500
I have a set of wedge lights, too. They don't cause the dreaded error message, but the left one started flickering after a few weeks. Now its completely out. I ordered replacements - different brand. I hope they will work better.

I want LED Turn signal light bulbs. I like the crisp on/off of LED Turn Signals on newer cars. The MB Operating Manual states replacement Turn Signal bulbs are PY21W. The rear turn signal bulbs in my 2007 R500 are PY21W in Amber the cylinder shaped base. But the fronts are wedge connection - not PY21W.

The fronts look like 3457 Bulbs, but 3457's don't fit the slot. What front turn signal light bulbs are called-out in your book or installed on your 2006-2007 R350-R500 ?
Old 12-20-2013 | 12:53 AM

None
Originally Posted by Cucucachu
I have a set of wedge lights, too. They don't cause the dreaded error message, but the left one started flickering after a few weeks. Now its completely out. I ordered replacements - different brand. I hope they will work better.
What kind of warranty did the wedge lights come with? Did you rrachout to the place where you bought them? LEDs arent supposed to go out like that.