R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Washer fluid leak.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350 Bluetec 4matic 2011 and..........hyundai elantra 2016........
Washer fluid leak.......

As the tittle says, I'm leaking washer fluid.....one gallon each 2 days....... I will get under the car today and see from where it comes......will update with pics if I find the leak, thinking it's at the connection between pump and hose ( lowest part of the system ) as the tank emptys itself fully.....
Old 11-27-2015, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350 Bluetec 4matic 2011 and..........hyundai elantra 2016........
done, but sorry no pics , no place to get the tablet near the leak.......

so, leak was just at the connection between pump and heated hose ( yep, the hose is heated .......what a PITA, ).

i did get a piece of fuel hose the right diameter ( actually got 8 diferent pieces of hose from a dealer ) and with a little boiling water got a little piece ( one inch long ) between pump and old hose ( minus the broken piece that i cut off )....plus a little epoxy resin over the joints to ensure they stay there.

SO : you have to take the panel that is under the engine out to acces the down part of the fluid tank,, witch is anyway hard to acces being quite close to the bumper in front of the right front wheel....then, chek the leak, mine was easy to find.
i hope not to get another leak like that, cause if the pump itselfs leaks ill be a lot harder to replace...mercedes did a VERRY poor job connecting this hose to the pump using a sort of little plastic clip thingy instead of a simple stanless clip over the hose like all other connections on the car.

AND : as i was there i did get a look at the aircompressor from the airmatic system : the air intake hose was close to brake off, allowing unfiltered air from the engine bay to enter the system....did cut of the broken piece and relocate the stainless clip. another thing to chek when you do your oilchange....

Last edited by freewheel; 11-27-2015 at 02:40 PM. Reason: forgot to ad details