R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Tunning my bluetec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 ml320 with lift, dirt tires and rust !!!
Tunning my bluetec

Here is my question......could you point me to a shop, or online compagny, that does some tunning on mercedes bluetec engines......wouls like to upgrade intake a little.....and do some mods maybe delete egr, delete adblue, delete cat, put in better flowing exhaust. And....and. Reprogram the ecm to get closer to 300 hp ( i know this emgine can be pushed up to 330 factory seting in some trucs in europe.,,......thanks for your answers........
Old 08-19-2017, 07:34 AM

From province of quebec, canada.....willing to travel a little ( lets say up to 800 km ) to get to shop if needed....
Old 08-19-2017, 09:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 Cadilac Escalade ESV, 2010 MB R350 Diesel
The only tuning program I ever saw was "Malone" tuning. Some authorized dealers around but very little about the R Class. I remember seeing a dealer in Almonte west of Ottawa. Since you are located in Quebec, you are in a better position to play with the emissions controls. There is no emissions testing in Quebec. I've no clue if removing all emissions controls will cause exhaust smoke to appear. My gut feeling would be no as otherwise we would hear about clogged particulate filters all the time. I did see a replacement pipe to delete particulate filter but guy wanted $600 US for it. Somebody with a good welder and some good stainless steel pipe can fix you up for a lot cheaper.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:43 PM

Yep yep, the plan was to get someone to get me the equivalent of a downpipe on a golf gti, and them a big diameter exhaust or even the stock one, but take out the cat, et use a more performance exhaust on the back, maybe....... Put a metal gasket on the egr solenoide, and im good to go, hardware wise. But, that is the easy part for me, the tricky part is to get someone to delette the adblue injection from the ecm, delete tje egr also, and reprogram it like a stage 2 gasoline gti......should get me somewhere aroung 100 hp per liter with a crazy torque !!!! Ill contact the shop you mentionned.......thanks, if anyone has more input about remap, or chips, let me know please !!!