No sound from my speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 10:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 R350
No sound from my speakers

Hi,

I feel like its one thing after another with this car. This time it is the speakers. Yesterday, the radio was working fine and now today I get no sound from my speakers. I have the HK setup in the car. I tried the radio, aux and CD sources but no matter what I put the volume to I get no sound (not even a hiss). The CD even shows the second count increasing while playing the CD. I guess this issue has to do with the amplifier based on some search results on the subject. Has anyone had this issue and if so how did you diagnose it? I tried pulling the fuses in the trunk (4 of them) which had anything to do with the radio, but it didnt work. Apparently there is also one in the fuse box up front which I need to find/pull to see if that works.

If it is the amplifier, how can I be sure as this part is not cheap. It costs a ridiculous 2.3k online new and 450 used on ebay. The last thing I want to do is buy it only to find out it was another issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 12-10-2017, 08:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 R350
One more piece of information that I'd like to share. The day this started happening, my wife had a flat tire and someone helped her out by using a compressor which he had to connect to the battery terminal under the hood. I'm not sure if this interfered but some people had this problem after getting a jump start or replacing the battery on their car. My satellite radio also says that the device is unavailable.

Is there a way to reset the whole system? Can I unplug the battery for the day and see if that works? Also, what are some of the downsides of unplugging the battery? Do I need to have a radio code?

Thanks. Really want to get this resolved as it sucks not having a radio.