R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

replacing my crankshaft sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB R350
replacing my crankshaft sensor

i got code p0335 crankshaft position sensorsor A circuit. so i was sure it was the crankshaft sensor it was not starting just like every video i watch in youtube, they don't have any video of a r350 so it was hard for me to get back in there but following this info here i got to replaced it but still dont start so any suggestion from anybody here to help me in this situation im going to unplugg the battery tomorrow to see if reset the computer and read the new sensor because i already removed the code . anything guys please let me know i dont want to take it to mercedes dealer to pay maybe 1000 they will said it more things which i know is not. thanks Merry Christmas to everyone.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:42 AM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
where did you get the replacement sensor? I ask because I had an intermittent problem in my C240, replaced the sensor with a part from my local parts store, made in usa to boot. and it was also defective and caused stalls and no start when overheating. (spray water on it and it worked!) The I got one from RM european and all was fine.
That your new sensor is completely not working could be a rare occurence. Note that the code covers a range of issues, it maybe the engine controll module also (and that sucketh royally)

you should not have to disconnect the battery. the new cps is read immediately.

have you checked all the wiring to the sensor?
Old 01-19-2022, 04:37 AM

R350
Crankshaft sensor was the only code

After replacing the sensor it still seems like it s not getting any fuel and the airbags wont bring the suspension up either, is there something else that has to be checked or done,?? What did you end up doing? Why are sp many not teling us something. i dont get it......,,,,,, uggghhhhhhh

Originally Posted by brimike
i got code p0335 crankshaft position sensorsor A circuit. so i was sure it was the crankshaft sensor it was not starting just like every video i watch in youtube, they don't have any video of a r350 so it was hard for me to get back in there but following this info here i got to replaced it but still dont start so any suggestion from anybody here to help me in this situation im going to unplugg the battery tomorrow to see if reset the computer and read the new sensor because i already removed the code . anything guys please let me know i dont want to take it to mercedes dealer to pay maybe 1000 they will said it more things which i know is not. thanks Merry Christmas to everyone.

Old 01-19-2022, 08:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,835 Likes on 3,022 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
When was the battery last replaced?
Old 01-20-2022, 01:53 AM

R350
Originally Posted by chassis
When was the battery last replaced?
We took the battery out and it's got a full charge on it. and tested the new sensor and it's all good. so. I'm at a loss. something is telling the fuel pump not to send fuel. so it seems it cranks over done but just won't start up and run. I've never had any issues with the car. I'm the second owner and I can't find anything online that tells what parts shut down what systems etc. Now the air suspension won't come on and raise the car either.soni can't get pass the please wait on the dash to check the onboard diagnostics. even though the code scanner only showed the sensor was out and it's cleared now but it's the basic scanner . I'm thinking about seeing if I can rent a star scanner. and the way I just pulled up and parked the car and was out of it 30 minutes for something more than just the sensor to go out suddenly seems highly unlikely. but I did notice as I was backing in the parking spot that day a weird vibration or something coming from what seemed like the rear floorboard passenger side around 3 Rd seat...?
Old 01-20-2022, 09:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,835 Likes on 3,022 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Battery testing is meaningless. Any R-Class should be on its third battery by now. Replace the battery, and aux battery if the vehicle has one.