How to connect aftermarket Radio FM/AM Antenna

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 R350
Unhappy How to connect aftermarket Radio FM/AM Antenna

All,

I bought a JVC KW-V830BT Touchscreen Unit to replace my factory radio indash unit. I was able to connect all the connectors except the FM Antenna. There is an FM Antenna that is present in the JVC Unit but I do not know where this goes into my existing connections behind the Indash Unit.

I have 2009 R350 with Harmon Kardon system. I have googled / researched every where but unable to find anything.

I bought the wiring harness as well and the FM Antenna cable goes into the JVC unit and the other end is a FAKRA end. The only FAKRA connections available are the GPS, Bluetooth and Rearview Video. I do not see any other connection where this FAKRA connector will go from the FM Antenna.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2018, 12:29 AM

Received 51 Likes on 50 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
ouch I have the HK too and would not replace it by a simple aftermarket HU . You know how powerful that thing is with the amp under the seat?
How are you connecting the HU to the speakers? I think they are 2 ohm Dual voice coil. each VC powered by its own amp. total 50 clean watts per channel
or are you replacing them all?
Old 05-27-2018, 02:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R350
Originally Posted by mbinsale
All,
I bought a JVC KW-V830BT Touchscreen Unit to replace my factory radio indash unit. I was able to connect all the connectors except the FM Antenna. There is an FM Antenna that is present in the JVC Unit but I do not know where this goes into my existing connections behind the Indash Unit.

I have 2009 R350 with Harmon Kardon system. I have googled / researched every where but unable to find anything.

I bought the wiring harness as well and the FM Antenna cable goes into the JVC unit and the other end is a FAKRA end. The only FAKRA connections available are the GPS, Bluetooth and Rearview Video. I do not see any other connection where this FAKRA connector will go from the FM Antenna.
Did you ever get this resolved? I encountered the same thing with my aftermarket installation, as noted here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...et-stereo.html
Old 07-12-2018, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
R350 4matic
Sorry - I should have replied on this thread earlier. On my 2006 R350 there 2 antenna connectors (L-shaped - one yellow and one blue. For FM (I found out by trial and error) you need the Blue one (Yellow is GPS and gives HORRIBLE FM reception).

Advanced Auto parts sell a short adapter cable for less than $10. My aftermarket unit came with one.

My post

https://mbworld.org/forums/r-class-w...ket-radio.html

might help.