R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

keys not always working after battery change....help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 ml320 with lift, dirt tires and rust !!!
keys not always working after battery change....help

hi there, so, a couple weeks ago, alternator went dead, so bad diagnostic we changed the battery, then the alternator.... al all was good

then , couple days later, on of our two keys stoped simply working, changed battery on the fob, did nothing.

one week later, second key fob stopped working some times ( still opens the doors all the time but, sometimes you put it in the slot and turn and car stays dead ( only steering wheel going down ) and some times the dash ilimunates as it should but car wont start, and some times it starts... ) it's becomming ennoying, and no idea what happens.......

someone has an idea ?

an indy made the repairs, could he have fried something changing alternator and or battery ? do the key need to be reprogramed when those changes are made ( in this case, why do they work but only some times ? anyone has any ideas ?????)

thanks in advance
Old 04-22-2018, 10:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
BMW 340i xDrive 2018 MMPSK silver , Cadillac XT5 2018 silver, 09 R320 BT
Hi Matthieu,

My R320 would give me a message "Incorrect key" when I would try to start the car. I had to change the ignition switch at a cost of around $900 CDN at the dealer as my indie told me only the dealer was able to fix this.

Good luck