Sirius XM HD Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
Sirius XM HD Radio

2008, R350, 175K

Where is this module located? I had my fuel pump replaced 2 days ago and ever since, the SAT radio doesn't work, it is not even recognized by the COMMAND System. I get a "No Satellite Radio" message. On top of that, the sound does not work on the radio nor AUX. I have read other threads of owners disconnecting plugs to the Sirius XM HD Radio for 10 mins and, magically all works again or, disconnecting the negative battery terminal connection for 10 mins and, magically, all works again. The battery is under the carpet of the front passenger seat and it sucks to have to access but, I will, again, if necessary.

Can anyone give me a straight answer about how to find the Sirius XM HD Radio so that I too, can magically experience SAT radio again.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:22 PM

R350
Ok, thanks to Maj. Dundee, I was able to locate the Sirius box underneath the carpet in the scond seat foot well. Had to take out the seat and fiddle around a bit but, I was able to disconnect and reconnect the unit with a 10 minute wait. Nothing. COMMAND displays " No SAT Radio" and no sound for the terrestrial radio or through AUX. Figured that I might as well try the negative battery terminal disconnect so, I took out the front passenger seat to expose the battery. Still no luck.

Short of taking it to the stealership, not sure what else to do.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:32 PM

R350

Took one last look t the fuses and had a spent 10 A fuse in the rear compartment. I cannot find a fuse diagram to determine what system this goes to but, here are the pics. The new fuse lit up as soon as I put it into place and stays lit. Anybody have a clue on this one?
Old 06-03-2018, 10:51 AM

R350
SOLVED

OK, I'm not so smart. The fuse lights up when it blows, tank you to BenzBallin. So, must be a short somewhere, right? I was reading another post from a R350 owner who said that when he removed the spare tire, there was standing water in the wheel well and, a connector wire sitting in the water. Since he could not determine what it was supposed to connect to but, assumed it was unimportant, he cut off the distal portion of the wire and wrapped the remainder in electrical tape. On a hunch, I removed my spare tire and, low and behold, there was 3 inches of nasty, brown water sitting in the wheel well with a connector wire sitting in the water. I drained the water, cut the distal portion of the wire, wrapped the remainder in electrical tape, replaced the #23 fuse and............................my SAT radio, terrestrial radio sound and CD sound started working again! Keep in mind, #23 is supposed to be for the Rear Entertainment system but, obviously it's all connected.

What the heck is that wire for anyway?
Old 06-04-2018, 03:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 R350
Originally Posted by rsalvo
OK, I'm not so smart. The fuse lights up when it blows, tank you to BenzBallin. So, must be a short somewhere, right? I was reading another post from a R350 owner who said that when he removed the spare tire, there was standing water in the wheel well and, a connector wire sitting in the water. Since he could not determine what it was supposed to connect to but, assumed it was unimportant, he cut off the distal portion of the wire and wrapped the remainder in electrical tape. On a hunch, I removed my spare tire and, low and behold, there was 3 inches of nasty, brown water sitting in the wheel well with a connector wire sitting in the water. I drained the water, cut the distal portion of the wire, wrapped the remainder in electrical tape, replaced the #23 fuse and............................my SAT radio, terrestrial radio sound and CD sound started working again! Keep in mind, #23 is supposed to be for the Rear Entertainment system but, obviously it's all connected.

What the heck is that wire for anyway?
Glad my post was able to help you out! It was a btch when it happened and took a while to find but since I rerouted the wire and secured it to the side and away from water the radio hasnt given me any problems.