R350 Recoverying from water damage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Previous: 2010 GLK350 - Current: 2006 R350
R350 Recoverying from water damage

Hi everyone,

I have bought a 2006 R350 4Matic, Shortly after, the rear drivers side down rolls down by itself... the car stops running, I found out that it has extensive and at that time still exsistant water pooling right in the Front SAM area. Car wont run, wont turn over, nothing.

Sooo.... Fast forward 2 months and a few grand and...

Water problem has been solves, draining addedd, and original draining has been cleared. Good!

New Front SAM, new Aux battery & primary battery.. Has 7 error codes and the SRS, EPS & ABS Lights on, but car starts again. However it only drives in dyno mode as there was something messed up with the YAW Module but still... Good!

New YAW Module ordered and installed. Car now drives again not in dyno mode... for 2 weeks... Issue starts again and must be driven in Dyno mode.. Still, the original YAW Module was underwater, so it needed to be replaced.

Car needs to have SAM programed now that all the new stuff is in, soo.. visits to 3x dealers later and finally someone agrees to program it. The SRS Light goes off, fuel mileage is notably better and now we are only getting one error code. Good!

Now, I have a running car, that must be in Dyno mode to drive, or else the wheels lock up like crazy due to some other Yaw sensor reading.. (maybe..)

Drivers side rear window still will not roll up..

so I thought that was all and good. Drive back home almost 2 hours from the dealership with an issue or worry, wasn't getting any error codes at all, minus the one. I go back out to the car today, 7 days later, turn on the car and see this Christmas tree!

Help!

Has anyone ever gone through water damage restoration on this car? Any tips to fix my yaw and window issues?

Last edited by GHosted; 12-09-2018 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Add information
Old 01-05-2019, 03:37 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
R350 2008 4Matic Gasoline
Man water damage like from a flooding ?? I dont think you should keep it if its drowned before...too many electric components to **** up that will have the car with errors..u should buy another car..
Old 01-08-2019, 12:30 PM

Thats exactly what I did..

A small clog in the draining and the whole car was done... What a stupid design..

Sold the car and bought a Ford..

2nd Mercedes now and they just FALL apart after a few years... my last one, a 2010 GLK with low KM also fell apart... I think I'll stick to something a little more reliable from now on and stay away from MB.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:42 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
R350 2008 4Matic Gasoline
Originally Posted by GHosted
Thats exactly what I did..

A small clog in the draining and the whole car was done... What a stupid design..

Sold the car and bought a Ford..

2nd Mercedes now and they just FALL apart after a few years... my last one, a 2010 GLK with low KM also fell apart... I think I'll stick to something a little more reliable from now on and stay away from MB.

Noo my friend...dont deter yourself from MB yet .,you have to give it a fair shot.these cars are really worth anyones time in appearance and comfort..whenever you buy a used car,.you have to make sure you do your due diligence and really inspect your car and that the Cars year mileage and wear and tear are justified...Also service receipts are a plus...in the future make sure its not beat up and not flood damaged..
Old 01-08-2019, 12:47 PM

My 2010 GLK was brand new and it barely lasted 4 years.. never hit 100,000km... fully maintained at the dealer..

The 2006 R350 had super low KM, 130,000.. had every option and in immaculate shape... but a small clog in the one drain killed the entire car...

I LOVED the look of the Benz... but my all blacked out 2018 Explorer for $35k Canadian ($26k USD) can hopefully get more than 100,000km on it before falling apart, and looks good enough for me...

Maybe when I'm 60 and have tons of free time, but a $700/month repair bill with these cars just got to me