R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

2009 R350 Passenger seat adjustment switch and how to replace battery with dead batte

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 R350
2009 R350 Passenger seat adjustment switch and how to replace battery with dead batte

what is this button called and wheere can i buy?
Hi. I have a 2009 R350 that has some electrical problems and requires me to remove a fuse from the rear fusebox (fuel pump module fuse) or else it drains the battery and the car dies. Recently I went on a trip for a month and forgot to remove the fuse. Needless to say the car battery is dead and even boosting it is not working. I need to replace the battery. Also, one of the buttons to adjust the passenger seat is missing. So i have a few questions:

1. Where can i buy the part circled in the attached picture and what is it called? This is the part that is missing from my car and makes it impossible without dealer intervention to move the seat even with a working battery.

2. Is there anyway i can replace the battery without being able to move the seat? I imagine i have to remove the entire car seat.

Thank you all in advance.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 R350
hi i was able to get the battery replaced by ramming a thin stick in the hole where the switch goes and i could move the seat that way and by using booster pack to give it low voltage for anyone who is interested. Just glad the car is running again.