R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Limp mode Turbo errors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R Class R320
Limp mode Turbo errors

Hi all, I have a R320 and I have just had the actuator replaced with a new unit because the errors said about the issue and not sensing where the arm was etc. the old one had two legs not even soldered on had detached and it had been attempted to be repaired before my ownership. it has gone into limp mode again a day and a half in from getting it back. could it be wiring loom to the actuator that is not working as well. as a comment was made a mouse might of been living in the engine bay. I driven over 4000 miles in a month and a half so I would hope that mouse would not be in there anymore. any advise I would rather have a rough idea before I have to take it to a difference garage if its more in-depth than just changing the actuator. really want me car back and not be using no turbo and paddle shifts to get around.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 09:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,841 Likes on 3,027 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by arch691
Hi all, I have a R320 and I have just had the actuator replaced with a new unit because the errors said about the issue and not sensing where the arm was etc. the old one had two legs not even soldered on had detached and it had been attempted to be repaired before my ownership. it has gone into limp mode again a day and a half in from getting it back. could it be wiring loom to the actuator that is not working as well. as a comment was made a mouse might of been living in the engine bay. I driven over 4000 miles in a month and a half so I would hope that mouse would not be in there anymore. any advise I would rather have a rough idea before I have to take it to a difference garage if its more in-depth than just changing the actuator. really want me car back and not be using no turbo and paddle shifts to get around.
@arch691 Can you please give us more history on this vehicle? How many miles are on the vehicle? How many miles have you put on it? What year? What service and repair work has been done during its lifetime, and during your ownership?

Can you take the vehicle back to the garage that did the most recent repair, because they didn't fix the vehicle? Please provide a complete and full description of the situation. Leave nothing out.