R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

key / fob programming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 05:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
R350
key / fob programming

Hi. New forum user (but not a new MB owner).

I Just purchased a 2010 R350 that came with only 1 key/fob. I've read conflicting information about obtaining a spare key.
Has anyone been able to purchase a replacement key from somewhere other than a MB dealer and been able to get it programmed to their car?

Thanks in advance.
John
Old 02-05-2021, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 180 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
It wouldn’t be much of a security system if anyone could create a key.

you need to go to Mercedes dealer with evidence you actually own the car and when you do they will order a key for you. There is a finite number of times this can be done.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:48 PM

R350
Originally Posted by lkchris

you need to go to Mercedes dealer with evidence you actually own the car and when you do they will order a key for you. There is a finite number of times this can be done.
This has nothing to do with security, it's MB keeping their monopoly (and revenue) intact. Any licensed locksmith is able to program a key/remote for just about every other brand; This could be a very good case for "right to repair" law that MB is violating.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:55 AM

R350
Originally Posted by lkchris

Ok, I finally got the correct information on MB key fob programming. The MB stealership is NOT the only place to get keys for MB cars. Any locksmith with the proper programmer is able to cut and program a key fob for ANY MB car or SUV. Also, there's a locksmith in Florida that will provide this service and they don't even need to have the vehicle present. You just send them the ignition module from you car (very easy to remove/replace from your car) and they will program a new remote to your car and send it back to you. The keyfob has to be programmed to the ignition switch ONLY, the keyfob is NOT programmed to the car's computer as others have stated here.
If anyone wants the contact information for the Fl business, just let me know and I will be happy to provide that.
Oh, and of course, the cost for a spare keyfob with programming was only $185, LESS THAN HALF of the cost at the MB stealership.
The following 4 users liked this post by Nojodas67:
Jarthman (09-21-2022), Larry irving (05-28-2024), ODIOUS (06-21-2021), R3504Matic (04-05-2024)
Old 09-21-2022, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E-320 CDI
Originally Posted by Nojodas67
Ok, I finally got the correct information on MB key fob programming. The MB stealership is NOT the only place to get keys for MB cars. Any locksmith with the proper programmer is able to cut and program a key fob for ANY MB car or SUV. Also, there's a locksmith in Florida that will provide this service and they don't even need to have the vehicle present. You just send them the ignition module from you car (very easy to remove/replace from your car) and they will program a new remote to your car and send it back to you. The keyfob has to be programmed to the ignition switch ONLY, the keyfob is NOT programmed to the car's computer as others have stated here.
If anyone wants the contact information for the Fl business, just let me know and I will be happy to provide that.
Oh, and of course, the cost for a spare keyfob with programming was only $185, LESS THAN HALF of the cost at the MB stealership.
I know your post more than a year but I'm hoping I can get that contact info from you. My one and only FOB for my 2005 E-320 just quit working. I replaced the batteries and even replaced the worn-out shell to no avail. I have Keyless-Go which might complicate things. I can see the red on the FOB light when buttons are pressed and can see the IR led on the front work (with the help of my phone camera). While switching plastic cases I noticed lots of dust and a bit of corrosion on the PCB. I’ve been hunting all morning for a local (Tampa Bay) locksmith with a Mercedes programmer.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 MB R-350
My 2011 R-350 also came with only 1 key fob. I called around to several MB dealerships in the area to get estimates on replacement...it's been a couple years but I seem to recall them quoting in the high $200s at the low-end to ~$450 at the high-end for a replacement (not sure why there would be that much variation between dealerships, but there was). Twist to start is cheaper, if you have keyless/push to start the price goes up from there. Never ended up doing it, and have just been scrupulous about keeping tabs on the 1 key.
The following users liked this post:
Jarthman (09-26-2022)
Old 01-22-2024, 02:40 PM

2016 GLE 450 AMG Coupe
Florida business that will program Mercedes Key Fobs

Can you please share the contact info for the Florida Business that will program mercedes key fobs? Thank you!

Old 01-29-2024, 08:58 AM

2005 MB E500 /2017 MB Metris
Can you send info for locksmith with MB key programmer

Hello, can you please send me his contact information. I have lost the only key that I had for this vehicle.
Thanks, Chris chrismclaren48@gmail.com
Old 02-05-2024, 09:27 AM

R350
Sorry, I don't visit this website that often anymore. I've had good results with this business: https://instacarkey.com/shop/mercede...y-programming/

R3504Matic (04-05-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 03:29 PM

MB E350
MB Key Fob

Can you please send me the contact info for the FL business. Thank you!
Old 04-04-2024, 05:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
None
Saw this video the other day.
Maybe you can look him up and see what he can do for you.

R3504Matic (04-05-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 07:44 PM

R350
Originally Posted by sjmaui
Can you please send me the contact info for the FL business. Thank you!
There are a couple I know of:
https://themobilelocksmith.com/mercedes-key-replacement

https://www.mobilemiamilocksmith.com/make-mercedes.php