ABS/ESP Inoperative, Many Faults

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 R350L CDI & 2006 ML350
ABS/ESP Inoperative, Many Faults

Hi!
First time MB driver here. Wanted to get your opinion on something.
A While back ABS/ESP Light popped up. Got my code reader - it showed front right wheel speed sensor. OK, I changed it out, cleared the codes. All was good for a week or two. Then - out of nowhere - ABS/ESP Inoperative again.
Now - scanning the fault - seems like left rear speed sensor went out. Is it possible that they went both out within a week?

Faults that I scanned:
ECM:
15A500 : Fault detection on monitoring of vehicle speed
121900: CAN signal Wheel speed from control module N47-5(ESP control module) is unreasonable

TCM
D40B : The left rear wheel rpm signal from the traction system is not available on the CAN bus
0721 : The rpm signal of component Y3/95(CVT (continuously variable automatic transmission) output rom sensor) is unreasonable

ESP
5126 : L6/3(left rear speed sensor): Check installation position of sensor
5399 : CAN signal Gear selected from control module N15/3(ETC [EGS] control module) is unreasonable
5122 : L6/3(left rear speed sensor): Check wheel bearing(s)
7266 : Speedtronic occasionally nonfunctional

Is it possible that one sensor could have triggered all these fault or the gearbox are on its last KMs?

Please help with any advice. I have orderd the left rear speed sensor and hopefully will get my hands free to change it out on friday, but if that doesnt help - what to do then?