How to get RSE to Use Aux Input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes R500
Question How to get RSE to Use Aux Input

Hey folks,

New to the forum, Just picked up an 06 R500 as a long hauler for taking buddies on bike trips. Thinking it should be the ultimate road trip machine for 4+ friends.

Anyways, I've got most of the Command System figured out but for the life of me, I can't figure out the RSE (it comes with the dual-screen rear seat entertainment system). Where mine comes with the RSE I understand that deletes my aux input in the glovebox for playing music or media from a phone/ipod. Ive seen another post on here that if you use the aux 1 or 2 input in the RSE from your phone and set the Command audio to Aux is the way to get around this. Seems straightforward and a good enough workaround for me where this isn't my everyday vehicle.

The issue im running into now is the RSE only seems to be able to use the DVD input. When either screen is turned on it just says insert disc. I did and with the command set to Aux, the audio from the DVD comes through the car's speakers so that should work out. The problem now is, im not able to get the RSE onto any other input. There's no input control on the monitors and when I press Aux 1 or 2 on the remote, nothing happens. I noticed the lower half of the remote with all the input options (Aux 1, 2 sat etc....) is actually just a flip-down cover and its a numeric keypad under it like an old flip phone. Is there some sort of Shift button im supposed to press on that remote to enable the Aux buttons?

For reference, I bought a male white and red RCA to male lightning adapter off of Amazon to connect my phone to the rear aux input. From what i've read elsewhere on this forum that should work, it's just a case of getting the RSE to actually switch over to the AUX1 or 2 input?

Any thoughts?

Old 02-06-2023, 11:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 W222 4Matic, '15 ML63, '12 W251, '08 W251
RSE Garbage

Mine are the same way. You'd think that they'd simply have the DVD in the front Comand unit continue to play on the rear screens when the vehicle is in motion right? There is an option for this but I can't get it to work. I have the wiring diagrams attached.