2011 R350 Gas Front Sam Daytime Running Lights DRL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 08:37 AM

Received 51 Likes on 50 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
2011 R350 Gas Front Sam Daytime Running Lights DRL

Hello
Front left DRL stopped working. Removed it to test and it lights up fine when fed with 12 volts. The connector seems ok too. I could not read 12 volts on the connector. Tried reading it on engine turn on as I know it tests first and my shut off power if it senses something wrong.
VIN 4JGCB6FE3BA123359

Now I use AllDataDIY for this model year 2011 but being a transition year ADDIY has many older info. For example it still has regular fog lights in place of the led DRL and the DRL are just bulbs in the main headlight housing. It also tells me the front SAM is under the hood, not in under the front passenger seat.

Can anyone confirm that the front sam IS under the passenger seat? How to identify? Can we replace our selves (after checking connections!) or do we have to have dealer or other indy reprogram? There was a thread that talked about rear sam with a aftermarket repair part that required no programming. WOuld this apply to front sam also?
https://mbworld.org/forums/r-class-w...placement.html

Next: what online service info do you use? I am always frustrated with alldataDIY because infor is inacurate for my car. I should sign up with a 2012 model, perhaps the info is updated

Thanks

E