R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Wipers stopped working in the middle of a rainstorm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 03:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 R350
Wipers stopped working in the middle of a rainstorm

Had a ton of rain yesterday and my front wipers stopped working. The rear wipers still worked as did the wiper spray but the front arms would not move on any setting. We parked the car and found alternative transportation and when I picked it up today, the wipers worked right away after starting the car. I dont know what happened but after scanning the car I got the following DTC:

DTC 9029
Component M6/1 (wiper motor) is stiff or blocked. / Voltage supply to component M6/1 (wiper motor). Status = stored

I lifted the arms up and down the night it stopped working and it didn't do anything. I also shut the car off, locked it then tried again and it didn't work either.

Any ideas what this could be? I've read that the relay in the SAM could go bad but its working today, so not sure this is the problem.

I also got the error in the same SAM module :

DTC 900D : components E1e3 (left standing and parking lam) and E1e6 (left side marker lamp) or the signal line to the components has open circuit or short circuit to the ground. OR ignore fault code if it nevertheless occurs. OR the component of the signal to the component E1e3 has an open circuit...
Old 11-28-2022, 12:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 R350
Just providing an update on this. The next day the wipers worked fine which was odd and concerning. Upon checking the SAM etc they all looked dry. So I went up front and saw that one side of the hood was slightly open (drivers side hood popped up .25" from the fender). I don't know how this was the case (did an oil change in August myself and never opened the hood since then). But anyway, I closed it. I didn't get any warning light that the hood was open the entire time but maybe one of the sensors disabled the wipers because of the hood being slightly opened. So far so good.