R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

R350 , vehicule stall after bluetec recall reapair at dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2022 | 02:12 PM

R350 Bluetec 2011
R350 , vehicule stall after bluetec recall reapair at dealer

Hi, took my R350 2011 to the dealer to fix the recall on bluetec system, recall includes many parts changing : the Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), SCR catalyst, NOx sensors, DEF injector, Crankcase ventilation valve, Charge air distribution lines and transverse tube, Intake port shut-off actuator, Clean air duct with mass air flow sensors, EGR valve, EGR cooler, EGR line/duct, and the Engine Control Unit .
after repairing the dealer called me to come and take the vihicle, when i started and put it in drive mode , the vehicle stall immediatly, 2 times , they took it back inside and 3 days later they told, that the problem comes from the gear box, the oil is too cold, but this trouble never showed up ealier when i drive the car before the recall. i know they reprogrammed the car as prt of the recall, so i told them may be the notor have less power at idle to crank the grear box at first start. they dont belive that and told me its my gearbox and cant do more for me , i must take the car and drive it as it is, i must let the engine heat up some minutes before driving the car. i refused to tkae it back. any thought plz ?? thank you
Old 01-22-2024 | 07:19 PM

R350
Hi there, did you ever fix this issue? I have the same problem and same vehicle, 2011 R350. After the Bluetec field measure, my vehicle stalls in cold weather after starting. Mercedes Richmond said they will check and I'll have to pay a diagnostic fee if it's not related to Bluetec. Really bad service there. It wasn't a problem before the Field Measure that they did. I now have to put it in neutral right away if I have to slow down or stop when the engine is cold, otherwise it will stall.