2011 R350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 10:43 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
SL550
Smile 2011 R350

Hello all,

I'm debating purchasing a 2011 R350 Bluetec with only 15K miles on it. Looks like all service was done at a MB dealership. Only noticeable issue is with headliner sagging (which they said will get fixed). Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2024, 10:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 MB R-350
First off I would forget about BlueTec and go with gas, but even facelift models with low miles are becoming really hard to find so I get it. Also 2011 is the single best year for this car, so you are onto something there. Other things to look out for:

-Bring a cheap code reader and scan, just to see what pops up
-Check to make sure that everything related to the rear hatch lid works OK (does it shut fully, is there any water that has leaked into the spare tire bay, does the red button to close the trunk hatch actually close it, etc.)
-Check to make sure that the switch in the low part of the driver's side doorcard opens the hatch
-Check to make sure that AC vent slats around the vehicle are not broken, they break easily especially if the prior owner had small kids. Same thing with the 2nd row pull out cupholders
-Check the operation of the front and rear parking sensors
-Check to make sure all the seatbelts fully retract, one of mine didn't and it had to be replaced at cost of over $600 even at the independent mechanic
-If the car has the panoramic roof (which hopefully it does, it is the single most important option on the R-Class I would say)--check its operation. Does it tilt, does it slide all the way open, does it leak, etc.
-The lug nuts are probably rusted and the center caps in the wheels are probably faded and/or peeling, can have them address for you
-Check the tread depth on the tires, this is a heavy *** car that chews through tires esp if you live in a hilly area. Same w brake pads
-Check acceleration, especially on cold start and/or up a hill--does it "buck" at all as the RPMs climb, or hesitate? Or does it deliver power smoothly. If the former, the intake manifold could be starting to go.

That is about all I can think of off the top of my head. It seems like a lot but pretty minor stuff...post-facelift these cars got much better and you should be fine if it was properly maintained. Good luck

Last edited by Trampas; 04-22-2024 at 10:28 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Trampas:
Luddyludwick (05-01-2024), ODIOUS (04-22-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 07:23 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
None
Abnormally low milage for a vehicle of this age and pedigree. Tires aren't even broken in yet. Take it to a reputable independent that offers a car buying inspection service. They will be able to find issues you or I wouldnt even think to look for (if there are any). I did this when i purchased my '11 over 10 years ago and its was well worth the money. Good luck