07 r350 w251 272 Cam Alignment, Timming, Balancer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2024, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 r350 w251 m272 722.9
07 r350 w251 272 Cam Alignment, Timming, Balancer

Chello,

I’ve recently checked my cam alignment ( pulling cam sensors, moving crank to 305, and cam stamps aligned in center of cam sensor ports)

My questions are

1: does this mean in general my tensioner, guides, balancer and chain are good?

2: what other checks should I do? (Background below)

3: Can I get to guides without taking engine out of car?

I purchased car used recently knowing I’d have some work to do. I am still going through it. (07 r350 166k)

-First car ran smooth no noises or vibrations and smooth gear change and acceleration. With ambient air code only , intermittent no-start, a 2 second (cv joint) clunk only when immediate intense/high rpm acceleration (ie immediate peddle to the metal)

- then it got a 335 code crankshaft sensor

- About a week ago, one day, it started running rough, threw codes 16 17 19 21 without 335. First and only time. I still have to put crankshaft sensor in.

-Then car was back to running smooth

- At that time I used a CARISTA Bluetooth code scanner. Anyone know if that can mess w ECU or electric ? Possibly cause the above reaction?

- I checked cam alignment which is good.

- Atm my next steps are:

replace cks
Test/ clean all cam sensors+solenoids etc
Replace oil cluster and cooler gaskets , PS res also
Change oil, clean oil pan etc
Check codes again

-if this all goes well I’m draining tranny, cleaning our pan etc and looking at engine and tranny mounts

Being that the 272 has the balancer fault. I’m wondering the best ways outside of taking engine out. It seems the like the normal someone didn’t keep up on maintenance and so sits etc are messing up as a result, but the balancer fault kind of kicks up the possibility of trouble trouble.

I still have to get a report on car to see (if even submitted) if the balancer or even timing has been serviced. I know at least the last owner did not pay attention to oil changes.