Deposit placed on RClass waiting list

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Deposit placed on RClass waiting list

Well I placed a deposit with my local dealer for a 2006 R Class GST. No details available on engine or options. But if it is introduced with the old 302HP V8 (like the Detroit show car) I will wait until the new V6 350 or the new V8 becomes available.

Looks like late Fall for the early ones to arrive. Without the boat ride from Germany the wait shouid not be as long once the order is placed
Old 02-17-2005, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 S55 ////AMG, 04 Yukon XL Denali, 02 BMW X5 4.4i, SL65 ////AMG
Why would you put a deposit on an R class.... there isn't going to be a waiting list for 1, and 2- it's on of the ugliest creations of mercedes in years
Old 02-17-2005, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BrabusS55AMG
Why would you put a deposit on an R class.... there isn't going to be a waiting list for 1, and 2- it's on of the ugliest creations of mercedes in years
You bought a Yukon and a BMW X5 and call the R Class the "ugliest creation of mercedes in years?"

Look, I have driven MB since 1971...all models and classes and some you probably never heard of. Three SL's in that lineup so I had my good times. If I want to buy and drive a R Class then that is my choice, not yours. BTW, there is a list at my local dealer for the R Class so your 1st assumption is wrong also.

Do you know what I use my car for, do you know what I like and don't like, do you think I give a damn about V8's and V12's? What do you do with a V12 in the streets of Brotherly Love...spin rubber till the next stoplight...:-)

Serioulsy...I have wanted a SUV type vehicle for years but would not buy one that looked like a converted pickup truck. The R Class is a solution to that problem and is probably the end of the station wagon which I have owned 4 of. With the features of the R and the space inside, I am looking forward to delivery late in the year. This will probably be my last MB as Father Time catches us all sooner or later. I am appreciative that it is later...:-)

Enjoy your cars but don't be so critical of others who do not enjoy the same things you do.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:00 PM

Are you kidding me? The Mercedes "R" class looks like some cheap wagon. Not anywhere near as nice in style as the X5 or Denali. BOTH I would take ANY DAY over the "R"- IMO the R is the biggest embarrassment to Mercedes YET! And I don't actually live IN the city of Philadelphia nor would I drive the SL65 downtown- that stays in the suburbs and the highway

TELL ME that this "R" class doesn't look ****ty omg- a complete disgrace. When that THING comes on the road I'll be embarrassed to be associated with anything that ugly. I would have expected Toyota or Nissan to come with that.

BTW: I saw your E320 on your web site, why in all hell would you put that huge ML mercedes logo on the front.... looks tacky as all hell- You want everyone to know it's a mercedes, even though it is the bottom barrell one (Special edition lease deal)
Attached Thumbnails Deposit placed on RClass waiting list-04-20-04-01-2005-mercedes-benz-r-class.jpg   Deposit placed on RClass waiting list-bmw-x5-4-6is.jpg   Deposit placed on RClass waiting list-gmc.jpg  
Old 02-17-2005, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Are you kidding me? The Mercedes "R" class looks like some cheap wagon. Not anywhere near as nice in style as the X5 or Denali. BOTH I would take ANY DAY over the "R"- IMO the R is the biggest embarrassment to Mercedes YET! And I don't actually live IN the city of Philadelphia nor would I drive the SL65 downtown- that stays in the suburbs and the highway

TELL ME that this "R" class doesn't look ****ty omg- a complete disgrace. When that THING comes on the road I'll be embarrassed to be associated with anything that ugly. I would have expected Toyota or Nissan to come with that.

BTW: I saw your E320 on your web site, why in all hell would you put that huge ML mercedes logo on the front.... looks tacky as all hell- You want everyone to know it's a mercedes, even though it is the bottom barrell one (Special edition lease deal)
If you like trucks (expensive trucks at that) then enjoy that trash. But your pictures prove which vehicle has class.

Speaking of trash you are an expert at it...take your crappy "contributions" to the BMW or GM forums where you are appreciated by your South Philly trolls.

What an A** Do you know the difference between a CL and ML...I wonder if you drive a S55 and have a SL65 on the way...the only thing you have on the way is more BS...have a nice day.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
sorry but to me that R is gross, that must be the replacement for that ugly *** c coupe here in the states. i guess mercedes these days has to have at least one vomit inducing car in its lineup.

on a side note, if youre happy with it, then thats all that matters, right? no need to get your panties twisted because someone doesnt like the same things as you.

oh btw, BrabusS55AMG just recently posted pics of his s55 in another thread, if you dont believe - hit the search button
Old 02-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Banned

I like the R class... But seeing how good the CLS looked in the pictures, and how ugly it was in real life.... I guess the R class will be the worst car ever built.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
If you like trucks (expensive trucks at that) then enjoy that trash. But your pictures prove which vehicle has class.

Speaking of trash you are an expert at it...take your crappy "contributions" to the BMW or GM forums where you are appreciated by your South Philly trolls.

What an A** Do you know the difference between a CL and ML...I wonder if you drive a S55 and have a SL65 on the way...the only thing you have on the way is more BS...have a nice day.
My south philly trolls?.... You're from Vegas buddy- not much to brag about there. Playground of the working class. Where do you think factory workers go on vacation- vegas.... Such a ****ty city, I went there on business. Oh yea and BTW my neighbor has a CL500 Lorinser and I know what a ML is you tool. Are you trying to tell me that your E320 is a CL because you put some enourmous and gross MB logo on the front? I figured something that tacky from someone from vegas- the tackiest city in america. Good luck with your "R" class- you going to badge that one out too?
Old 02-17-2005, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My south philly trolls?.... You're from Vegas buddy- not much to brag about there. Playground of the working class. Where do you think factory workers go on vacation- vegas.... Such a ****ty city, I went there on business. Oh yea and BTW my neighbor has a CL500 Lorinser and I know what a ML is you tool. Are you trying to tell me that your E320 is a CL because you put some enourmous and gross MB logo on the front? I figured something that tacky from someone from vegas- the tackiest city in america. Good luck with your "R" class- you going to badge that one out too?
Ignorance comes cheap...buy some more troll.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:10 PM

Troll? You can see my S55 pics that I posted in the Maybach forum, Off Topic, and S55 Forum. Maybe you should check that out
Old 02-17-2005, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Why would someone come here and crap on someone else's post? Some "friendly community" here! Might as well post on usenet
Old 02-18-2005, 03:53 PM

2005 SL600, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
The R was designed to transport 6 passengers in comfort, and yes, some people do need to transport 6 people. It is an alternative to a minivan for those who want more comfort and a higher performing vehicle. I have yet to find an SUV that transports 6 people in comfort. Sure, some of them have three rows of seating, but have you ever sat in the third row of an SUV for an extended period of time and enjoyed it? I doubt it. Mega SUVs excluded, have you ever found any room behind the third row in an SUV with the third row used as seating? Didn't think so.

I applaud MB for introducing the R.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:13 AM

11 W212 E350 Sport, sold 06 W211 E350
Wow, sorry Nevada Jack, you don't deserve the rude comments about your car selection - you have always been polite and helpfull in your posts. We all like / need different vehicles for different purposes and the wagon/crossover is definitely coming on strong as it gives a great car like ride and handling and can haul people comfortably. In reference to the rude people - someone did not teach them how to be tactfull. They make rude comments, start trouble and then get upset when people do not respond favorably. Like my parents always told me.....you can not buy class and if you can't say something nice or at least constructive, then don't say anything. There are polite and constructive ways to make a point about something you disagree with or does not suit your taste.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
Troll? You can see my S55 pics that I posted in the Maybach forum, Off Topic, and S55 Forum. Maybe you should check that out

You may well have all of this but it doesn't stop you from being a tit for posting contributions like the ones on this thread!
Old 02-22-2005, 07:06 AM

Mercedes all the way!
just to set the record straight, i think the C Coupe is a great looking car, and while the R is a bit weird looking (those front lights), it is nothing bad, unlike many, many recent blue-propeller cars, which are weird for weirdness sake.

to those who said the R is the worst car merc has ever come up with, i think you are sadly misguided i'm sure the current ML takes that honour -- and even then, it wasn't half as bad as some people claimed it to be -- in higher specs it was even a great car (as long as it wasn't built in Alabama)
Old 02-22-2005, 03:52 PM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by Fastbuck
You may well have all of this but it doesn't stop you from being a tit for posting contributions like the ones on this thread!
Agreed
Old 02-27-2005, 01:55 PM

C320 Coupe
To each his own. I'll take my ugly *** C Coupe over an over priced Tahoe any day. If a guy wants a GST, then that's his choice. Weather you like the way it looks is an opinon and there are enough metaphores for opinons. If you choose a Tahoe, Denali, Escalade or whatever name GM is slapping on them, that's your choice
Old 03-01-2005, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
The R-class may be on my future order list if we decide to go for a 3rd child. I like it
Old 03-02-2005, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Le Burpor
The R-class may be on my future order list if we decide to go for a 3rd child. I like it
Take a look at my latest post today in this forum.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
dude, i say go for it. not that you wouldnt anyhow. i like it. not for me personally, im single with no kids, i have no need for anything that big, but i like the way it looks, especially the interior.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
No details available on engine or options. But if it is introduced with the old 302HP V8 (like the Detroit show car) I will wait until the new V6 350 or the new V8 becomes available.

Hi Jack,
Just been reading an article that states the R-class will be available with the choice of just three engines at its launch. (one in the front, middle and rear perhaps )
One diesel and two petrols.

The four valves percylinder diesel V6 giving 221bhp and 376Ib\ft of torque. 62mph in 8.8sec and top speed 0f 134mph.

The smaller petrol 268bhp R350 258Ib\ft of torque, 0 - 62mph 8.3sec and top speed of 143mph.

The top performer will be the R500 4,996cc V8 302bhp 339Ib\ft of torque, 0 - 62mph in 6.9sec and a top speed of just under 150mph. All vehicles will have the 7G-tronic with steering column mounted gear selector.

I have no idea if this 5ltr engine is the new model, but it is the same engine as the new M-class.

It certainly is coming with a whole host of options which will see a sharp decline in your savings account. Plus a Sports package with its own interior trim, chrome trimmings and grille.

Bye for now,
John

Oh and a big 'Well said' to Fastbuck
Old 04-13-2005, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by glojo
Hi Jack,
Just been reading an article that states the R-class will be available with the choice of just three engines at its launch. (one in the front, middle and rear perhaps )
One diesel and two petrols.

The four valves percylinder diesel V6 giving 221bhp and 376Ib\ft of torque. 62mph in 8.8sec and top speed 0f 134mph.

The smaller petrol 268bhp R350 258Ib\ft of torque, 0 - 62mph 8.3sec and top speed of 143mph.

The top performer will be the R500 4,996cc V8 302bhp 339Ib\ft of torque, 0 - 62mph in 6.9sec and a top speed of just under 150mph. All vehicles will have the 7G-tronic with steering column mounted gear selector.

I have no idea if this 5ltr engine is the new model, but it is the same engine as the new M-class.

It certainly is coming with a whole host of options which will see a sharp decline in your savings account. Plus a Sports package with its own interior trim, chrome trimmings and grille.

Bye for now,
John

Oh and a big 'Well said' to Fastbuck
Hi John...the diesel here will not be available in the initial (USA) release but is talked about sometime in later 2006 (along with it being put in the ML also.) The V8 is the "old" one and will be used in both the R and ML. The new V6 is what I will select...I really don't need a V8 but if I wanted one then I would wait for the new engine in 2006 or diesel. But I will not be waiting.

The options list in the GCF article "R Class in Depth" is a little hard to figure out. They will package some of those like they did with the ML Options and you can get a gaggle of them for a supposed big saving...hahaha. I will be opting for almost all the goodies except the Sport Package...I don't want the aluminum look inside and pedals don't turn me on...:-)

Jack (A sunny day in LV with temp in the low 80"s)
Old 04-13-2005, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi John...the diesel here will not be available in the initial (USA) release but is talked about sometime in later 2006 (along with it being put in the ML also.)
Hi Jack,
Reading the article I got the impression they were actually talking about the US vehicle. Describing it's release date and then at the end saying how the R-class will be released in the UK late Spring 2006.

No mention of the 400CDI, but the V6 has more than enough power for our needs. The big plus for me will be the four wheel drive option, this will purely be from a road safety point of view as we do not get snow, nor will it be used off road.

Certainly not 80 degree's here, but my pool is always a constant 90 (beats having a bath!!!)

John
A beautiful Spring afternoon in Sunny Torquay
Old 04-13-2005, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think that article is kind of mixing some European and US language when they talk about options and standard items. You speak of the 4 wheel drive "option" but it is standard on the US model. Some of the "*Selections" in the listing are items that have always been standard on US cars but optional on European models.

I guess we will not know exactly until they release the option list with pricing...the sooner the better.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You speak of the 4 wheel drive "option" but it is standard on the US model.
Quick apology here Jack, that is my useless termology. Four wheel drive is standard. I meant it was something we have never had!!!

I am only guessing here, but it is highly possible the specs might be the same, as the vehicle is produced in the US. They will just have to learn how to put a steering wheel on the correct side of the car!!!

Sorry for the confusion,
John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deposit placed on RClass waiting list