R63 AMG (W251) 2007 - 2013 Discuss the R63 AMG.

R63 model year 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 02:08 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG R63 MY2012
You have also to modify the base of the column with a lathe . Then the electronic parts.
You need someone who owns a car similar as Alsad in Italy.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
R350
Originally Posted by claimweb
You have also to modify the base of the column with a lathe . Then the electronic parts.
Modify it to what specifications?
Old 10-06-2020, 02:54 AM

R350
what kind of car did alsad have?
Old 10-06-2020, 03:12 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG R63 MY2012
Mercedes W164 . The same electronic equipment of W251..
Old 10-06-2020, 10:01 PM

R350
Mercedes W164 . The same electronic equipment of W251..
yeah saw those don’t like wanted to go the route you did but I guess it’s not gonna happen for me so I’ll leave it as is for now. And just sell the wheel I purchased and airbag. 😩😫😖😣☹️
Old 10-29-2020, 01:40 AM

R350
Update pics

Got the outside of the body looking how I want it now to go to the interior then mechanical tell me what you guys think ? Still working though waiting on a bunch of other parts and maybe I’m gonna sell the wheels and grille to try something different. But will keep posting as I do different things

Before pics

After pics

Top when I purchased bottom is now .

The following users liked this post:
R3504Matic (06-23-2022)
Old 01-11-2021, 12:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
-
I like some stuff you've done with the car, but some stuff, with all due respect, is better undone. The blackout is cool (I'd maybe also black out the rear reflectors, though I know there's a whole army of people who'll scream at me for supposedly reducing the safety), but those brakes are absolutely hideous. The AMG logo is not straight, and why are they red, anyway? They aren't performance breaks (BBK), so having them red is neither good looking, nor achieving anything, really. (I also find that red brakes on a black car don't look good in general, even if they're huge). I'd undo the red, make them black maybe with some silver trimming, lose the AMG (since, well, they are not), and I'd also maybe do away with the Chinese tires and put something less scary on (Continental DWS are very well priced and tend to offer an extremely good ride). Just my two cents, though! We all have our tastes in cars.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:48 PM

R350
well I made a post so I guess I gotta expect harsh criticism from some but to respond to you with respect as well let me break it down. I did this to my liking as you said we all have our taste in our cars in our own specific manner like the saying goes what you eat don’t make me ****. But with that being said I’m still gonna break a few things down. I started doing this during a pandemic where I hadn’t worked since March 14th and money was tight so I took short cuts to other things I would have rather done like a brembo big brake kit versus powder coating mines red and putting Amg stickers on them. Now as the sticker I purchased they curved awww well I think it looks ok like I said rather the brembo but couldn’t afford it at the moment. And I prefer red to have a difference in color seen besides all black.
The car is an amg styling R without the nice R63 engine. Now the ugly tires well I paid $300 for them off eBay new and rides smoothly no issues now if it wasn’t a pandemic and I was working I’ll be in some Michelin pilot sports or Goodyear eagles as my 2nd choice but again pandemic no money coming in so I’m winging things and going with what I can at this point. But yeah we all have certain taste as long as I don’t got no big *** bat mobile wing on the car or a complete chrome trim all over my car looking atrocious or tacky stick on carbon fiber trim every where than I think it’s ok for me looks clean and minimal. But like you said we all have certain taste and appeal I made a post so I expect certain criticism but I did what I could with the limitations I was facing. But if you got any pics show me what you rocking with? To see how your taste is and see if anyone else might agree or disagree with how you have yours set up.

QUOTE=Pseudow Nim;8244835]I like some stuff you've done with the car, but some stuff, with all due respect, is better undone. The blackout is cool (I'd maybe also black out the rear reflectors, though I know there's a whole army of people who'll scream at me for supposedly reducing the safety), but those brakes are absolutely hideous. The AMG logo is not straight, and why are they red, anyway? They aren't performance breaks (BBK), so having them red is neither good looking, nor achieving anything, really. (I also find that red brakes on a black car don't look good in general, even if they're huge). I'd undo the red, make them black maybe with some silver trimming, lose the AMG (since, well, they are not), and I'd also maybe do away with the Chinese tires and put something less scary on (Continental DWS are very well priced and tend to offer an extremely good ride). Just my two cents, though! We all have our tastes in cars.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-11-2021, 12:54 PM

-
Originally Posted by Jae Mills
well I made a post so I guess I gotta expect harsh criticism from some but to respond to you with respect as well let me break it down. I did this to my liking as you said we all have our taste in our cars in our own specific manner like the saying goes what you eat don’t make me ****. But with that being said I’m still gonna break a few things down. I started doing this during a pandemic where I hadn’t worked since March 14th and money was tight so I took short cuts to other things I would have rather done like a brembo big brake kit versus powder coating mines red and putting Amg stickers on them. Now as the sticker I purchased they curved awww well I think it looks ok like I said rather the brembo but couldn’t afford it at the moment. And I prefer red to have a difference in color seen besides all black.
The car is an amg styling R without the nice R63 engine. Now the ugly tires well I paid $300 for them off eBay new and rides smoothly no issues now if it wasn’t a pandemic and I was working I’ll be in some Michelin pilot sports or Goodyear eagles as my 2nd choice but again pandemic no money coming in so I’m winging things and going with what I can at this point. But yeah we all have certain taste as long as I don’t got no big *** bat mobile wing on the car or a complete chrome trim all over my car looking atrocious or tacky stick on carbon fiber trim every where than I think it’s ok for me looks clean and minimal. But like you said we all have certain taste and appeal I made a post so I expect certain criticism but I did what I could with the limitations I was facing. But if you got any pics show me what you rocking with? To see how your taste is and see if anyone else might agree or disagree with how you have yours set up.
Oh yeah that's completely fair, I know we're working with what we can in these crazy times. Just providing some criticism as best I can, hopefully no hard feelings.

I'm coming off an V10 RS6 (disaster of a car... even if the ride was pretty awesome) and have almost finalised an R63 (figuring out transport right now), so once I have it, I'll post it (although it's a fairly well-known car, so its pictures have made the rounds here a few times already... it's not like there's 100 of these, lol). I plan on leaving it 100% OEM because the previous owners have made a huge effort to not touch ANYTHING in it, so it's going to be a weird feeling because I've always modded my cars, but this one is staying as stock as I can keep it. Even if it makes it a little boring.

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; 01-11-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Jae Mills (01-11-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 01:02 PM

R350
nah no harsh feelings that’s why I said I’m going to respond respectfully as possible cause you didn’t say anything harsh you just gave an opinion on how you would do it or what you think will look better in your eyes and I get that but that’s why I broke it down part by part and why. It was tough no money so I did this to keep me from going insane during covid but lack of money makes it harder to go hard like I wanted too. But some of the things you said like the black calipers sounds good but I wanted a contrast to the all black being red a subtle bit here and there being calipers and reflectors. **** I get stopped enough now to not wanna give these state troopers more reason to F with me. And I’m a Michelin man but didn’t have the $1000 and needed tires so instead of doing $400 used I got a set new at $300 on eBay and they run very good no issues or sound very quiet and smooth.
But yeah you good no hostility

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Oh yeah that's completely fair, I know we're working with what we can in these crazy times. Just providing some criticism as best I can, hopefully no hard feelings.

I'm coming off an V10 RS6 (disaster of a car... even if the ride was pretty awesome) and have almost finalised an R63 (figuring out transport right now), so once I have it, I'll post it (although it's a fairly well-known car, so its pictures have made the rounds here a few times already... it's not like there's 100 of these, lol).
Old 01-11-2021, 01:11 PM

-
Originally Posted by Jae Mills
nah no harsh feelings that’s why I said I’m going to respond respectfully as possible cause you didn’t say anything harsh you just gave an opinion on how you would do it or what you think will look better in your eyes and I get that but that’s why I broke it down part by part and why. It was tough no money so I did this to keep me from going insane during covid but lack of money makes it harder to go hard like I wanted too. But some of the things you said like the black calipers sounds good but I wanted a contrast to the all black being red a subtle bit here and there being calipers and reflectors. **** I get stopped enough now to not wanna give these state troopers more reason to F with me. And I’m a Michelin man but didn’t have the $1000 and needed tires so instead of doing $400 used I got a set new at $300 on eBay and they run very good no issues or sound very quiet and smooth.
But yeah you good no hostility
This is a good point - I've never really figured out how to properly black out a black car without it looking like a hearse or like someone dipped it into plasti-dip (and my RS6 was all black with black wheels... it LITERALLY looked like a hearse). It makes sense that some contrasting would make it look better. It's really tricky - adding chrome looks bad, unmatched colors here and there looks bad, it's like, every which way you go there's no win, so in that sense you did good by doing a red/black theme, I can dig that. Did you have orange reflectors in your front bumper or on your model year they moved them into the headlights?
Old 06-15-2022, 03:02 AM

R350
The steering wheel is now fully compatible with NTG2.5 and NTG2.0 .
I modified the inside electronics parts. The central buttons are now black.
I tested it also with a Mercedes ML W164 . All perfect.
I installed it in my car only one day for test.
I'd like to sell a lots of modified steering wheels. I found only a german ebayer who sells it for 1.900 euros.
I think I can sell it for a lower price.

See the photo and video ...

YouTube
you do notice the video is not an R class look at the air vents different than what you have pictured. The video vents are round yours are like mines rectangular as seen in the pics.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 R3504Matic, S430, BMW750E66, E350 207, PORSHCE 911C4S, BMW128 E88, VWTREG, 86 560SL, 88560SEL++
AMG 21" wheels upgrade ...
Do you still have the R63 21 inch wheels? Since you upgraded, what did you do with the original ones?
Old 11-25-2022, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love this thread - doing the reverse

I love this thread - turning an ‘07 R63 into a ‘12 R63. I’m slowly doing the opposite (well sorta), turning a ‘12 R350 into a ‘12 R63. Still early in the process. We will see if I get there. Upgraded electronics with Chinese plug and play head unit for Apple CarPlay and other niceties. Now working on brakes and will have to do some research on a suitable power plant. Also considering a 43/53 upgrade. While the GDI ‘12 V6 is economical and does OK it lacks grunt. I like doing high speed runs to the mountains for powder turns and the OEM unit won’t get me there in time to catch any fresh turns. Stay tuned…
Old 11-25-2022, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Cool
henko (11-25-2022)
Old 11-25-2022, 09:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,974 Likes on 3,124 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by henko
I love this thread - turning an ‘07 R63 into a ‘12 R63. I’m slowly doing the opposite (well sorta), turning a ‘12 R350 into a ‘12 R63. Still early in the process. We will see if I get there. Upgraded electronics with Chinese plug and play head unit for Apple CarPlay and other niceties. Now working on brakes and will have to do some research on a suitable power plant. Also considering a 43/53 upgrade. While the GDI ‘12 V6 is economical and does OK it lacks grunt. I like doing high speed runs to the mountains for powder turns and the OEM unit won’t get me there in time to catch any fresh turns. Stay tuned…
With the head unit and brakes done, when will you source and install the engine and transmission?