R63 AMG (W251) 2007 - 2013 Discuss the R63 AMG.

Thinking of selling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R63, MDX
Thinking of selling

Thinking of selling my beloved R63 — I am winding up with too many cars and not enough space. Crown Mercedes told me it's the only blue w/ tan interior made, so, rarest of the rare if that's correct and I have no reason to doubt them but not 100% sure. 83K miles. This is when it had about 60K miles on it, so there is more wear on the paint etc, but it's still in very good condition and cared for by the dealer every time, all scheduled maintenance as well.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
R63 AMG
Based on the recent BaT auction ending 08-Nov, the overall condition of the vehicle matters a great deal. This current listing shows rust/corrosion on the wheels, brake system, metal fittings under the hood and rust spots on multiple body panels. Also, the headbolts have not been replaced. The auction will likely close at under $20k.

The overall average asking price over the last 3 years has been ~$34-35k on BaT, with an average of ~95k miles. Again, condition is everything.

One note that caught us off guard was a request from the insurance company. They asked for an Acutal Cash Value Appraisal prior to agreeing to the coverage. The 2007 production run of all R-Classes was ~13,000. The R63 is lumped into that and insurance will base off that whole population. In reality you are insuring a vehicle that accounts for 0.008% of that total. It cost us $550 and required one week to complete. Something to consider.

Good luck on the sale! I hope for a high sale amount!
Old 11-09-2018, 07:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
R63 AMG
I am corrected; that auction finished at $32,500. I am surprised given the condition of the vehcile. Guess the market for the R63 is stronger than I expected.