S/CL-Class (W140) Coupe 1994-1999: S500 Coupe, S600 Coupe, CL500 Coupe, CL600 Coupe

Searching for an instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
a car that confirms all your prejudices
Searching for an instrument cluster

(Cross-posted in W140 coupe and Mercedes tech talk forums.)

Good grief. I'm actually going to post a question about cars instead of going on about politics.

So... my brother-in-law still has the S600 coupe. He's supposd to have sold it, but he's fallen in love with it.

A couple of weeks ago, the odometer died (apart from the aircon, this is the first thing we've ever had trouble with). So he needs to find a replacement one, and he's struggling: there were very few W140s ever sold in Australia.

He's looking for an instrument cluster called the 140 440 0211. It'd be for a right-hand-drive car if that makes any difference.

Does anyone know where we could get hold of a cheap second-hand one? I've tried eBay to no avail.

Thank you!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Good grief, this must be your first post non-OT.

I checked that part number 140 440 0211 but it isn't coming up, probably because of the right-hand drive situation. I can't imagine the cluster itself would differ depending on the drive side, but I could be wrong.
If you pull a vin from a left-hand drive S600 of the same model year, I can try to see if the part is stocked.

Edit: a 1996-99 S600 full cluster is around $1500 USD, based on a random VIN I located.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
a car that confirms all your prejudices
It's pretty close to being my first since I initially joined (with my incredibly technical "How do I pop the hood to put water in the windscreen thingy?" question).

But thank you for that: I'll pass it on to my brother-in-law and see what he says.