S/CL-Class (W140) Coupe 1994-1999: S500 Coupe, S600 Coupe, CL500 Coupe, CL600 Coupe

Info: CL500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info: CL500

Hello all,

I've been seeking around for answers of those questions but I haven't got any answers yet.... I hope that I will be able to get some answers...

My car is a 1993 500SEC

Firstly, I would like to know what is the manufacturer's name of the rear spoiler + font bumper?

2) I would like to know how rare is Almandine Red Metallic are on those cars?

3) I would like to know what are the best engine, tranny, diff, P/S pump OILS used for this car?

I've currently got the BLACK AT Modulator Valve but my car has the white one.. Did I make the correct choice? and what is the difference between the Black, White, Red and Blue?

Whenever I slow down and hit the accelerator; sometimes, I hear this "DUM" sound and the car kicks back.. What seems to be this problem?

I will be asking more questions if those are answered!

Thank you all for your time!
Attached Thumbnails Info: CL500-img00613-20100405-1-.jpg   Info: CL500-dsc00006.jpg   Info: CL500-dsc00010.jpg   Info: CL500-dsc00018.jpg  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:22 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Well, I don't know the manufacturer of your bumpers but I would guess AMG/Brabus/Wald/etc. (maybe just send them emails with pix asking if they ever produced your bumpers). As for engine oil: I only use Mobile One in all of my family's Mercedes (we have around 10 or so). The kickback: are you trying to say your transmission is slamming into gear? That's what it sounds like to me. And considering you have a '93 500sec, I would take it to a shop right away and have them check it out before you damage something.

That's my $.02, hope it helps
Ricky
Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 PM

Also, try posting this in the W140 section of MBworld. Your sec and most se/sels are the same drivetrain and chassis.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:18 AM

Thank you for the help Ricky. I checked AMG, Brabus and WALD... Didn't come up with anything unfortunately, I guess I'll have to do more research.

I'm taking it to the shop by the end of this month to have all the new parts put into it and make it run smoother than ever hopefully. I'm HOPING that this problem would be the AT Modulator Valve but it's really a 5% chance of the problem... Just hopin...

I'll be going to the shop today for another car and I'll ask my mechanic about this, hopefully he'll have an answer for me!

Thank you for your help bro.. appreciate it!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:33 AM

Any updates as of yet??
Old 07-06-2010, 08:50 PM

No, no updates yet MB_Fahrer but thank you for staying and looking at this thread... I will update everything soon..

I've still got the parts laying at home and I'm planning to make PU bushing @ home and I'll be posting this up over here as well to help the 140 owners if they want to make PU bushings.

Regarding the front bumper + rear spoiler of the car.. NOTHING yet...Couldn't tackle anything..really frustrating

No answer regarding the AT Modulator valve as well!!!!!

Got to flush the radiator system because there is a lot of rust.. Seems like the original owner never heard of coolant.

I might open half of the engine next week to eliminate that "TICK TICK" sound....This job would cost a lot at any mechanic and it wouldn't cost much if you do it at home.

I've got a similar thread open @ benzworld and it's much more active than this but I will be updating both because they're probably the best 2 Mercedes forums on the net.

Regards!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:52 AM

I was under the car to supervise a few installations because I got myself some whole pack of goodies for the car and thank god now the car drives like a dream, I'm really happy about how the car turned out to be!!

Well, anyway...As I was lurking around and roaming around under the car, I walked up to the front bumper I noticed something on the left side of the car that I didn't notice before which really pissed me off and I looked all around the front bumper twice, I didn't know how I missed that stamp.

My front bumper turned out to be AMG, I assume that is bumper is pretty pretty pretty rare

Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails Info: CL500-img00082-20100715-0741.jpg