S/CL-Class (W140) Coupe 1994-1999: S500 Coupe, S600 Coupe, CL500 Coupe, CL600 Coupe

Newbie questions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Audi A4 1.8tQ Ultra Sport
Newbie questions!

Hi everyone!

Just registered and I have some general questions regarding the W140 CL600 coupe

Next year (July-August to be exact) I plan on buying a second car after my move (I'm heading to Albuquerque, New Mexico)

I have narrowed it down to a 1999 (or 98' if a 99' can't be found) CL600

I've read everything I can find on the internet about it and I've been surfing this forum for a bit

1. If I get a car with, lets say, 80k miles on it, what kind of major service can I expect after taking the car? Is there any "must do" service on this engine?

2. Can anyone estimate an average price for a CL600 next year? I'm guessing they will contiune to drop in price?

3. Is there any aftermarket upgrade/kit for the headlights to go to the newer polycarb 'clear' headlights?

4. What size are the brake rotors? Has anyone put ceramic brakepads on?

I'm sure I'll think of some more questions in the future

Cheers
Old 11-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Botto
Hi everyone!

Just registered and I have some general questions regarding the W140 CL600 coupe

Next year (July-August to be exact) I plan on buying a second car after my move (I'm heading to Albuquerque, New Mexico)

I have narrowed it down to a 1999 (or 98' if a 99' can't be found) CL600

I've read everything I can find on the internet about it and I've been surfing this forum for a bit

1. If I get a car with, lets say, 80k miles on it, what kind of major service can I expect after taking the car? Is there any "must do" service on this engine?

2. Can anyone estimate an average price for a CL600 next year? I'm guessing they will contiune to drop in price?

3. Is there any aftermarket upgrade/kit for the headlights to go to the newer polycarb 'clear' headlights?

4. What size are the brake rotors? Has anyone put ceramic brakepads on?

I'm sure I'll think of some more questions in the future

Cheers
Hi Botto, welcome to the board!

Hard to answer some of your questions. I bought mine in Feb. of this year with 38K miles on it in Miami. The value question is a tough one to answer. I ended up buying mine on ebay in a no reserve auction at a ridiculously low price. So, definitely hold out and look for the deals, they are out there!

When I took mine into a major service at 40K miles, I think it was in the $1,500.00 range.

I don't have any answers regarding the headlights or brakes.

Good choice on selecting a W140 CL600, I absolutely love mine!