Could I impose on someone to do a quick test on their S Coupe please?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Cars
Could I impose on someone to do a quick test on their S Coupe please?

Would anyone please set your memory seat to the middle position and tilt your seat back as if you were leaning. Then after you have put that into memory, turn your car off, open the door and tell me what happens? Does the seat go back and the back of the seat push you up to a 90* angle? Once it does it thing, close the door and see if the seat goes back to your preset memory setting. I would really appreciate your help with this. It doesn't do this with the S sedan on their showroom floor and it doesn't do it with my CL600. They don't have one to compare it with and they say, they think it's normal. I think it's the easy entry module is defective. I've owned 8 CL 600's since 2000 and never once had a car not complete its full cycle back to my preset seating. Thanks in advance. I look forward to fining out if it's me or the car.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars

Last edited by 2014CL600; 10-11-2018 at 11:02 PM. Reason: ....
Old 10-11-2018, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
Old 06-07-2019, 11:43 PM

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
ML350 BLUE TEC
I have a 2015 S Coupe aquired a week or so ago.

The total travel from all the way back to all the way front is approx 11 inches.

If my seat is half way back, as in the middle of it's full travel, I can set the memory of the seat when it's at that half way mark, with the doors closed, and when I open the door the seat will not move at all.

IF I get in the car and move the seat past the half way mark i.e fwd, pretending to be one of those strange drivers who drive with their knees in their chest and arms draped over the steering wheel like an ape, then set the memory of the seat at that range and the seat back tilted back at an odd angle............then when I open the door the seat moves aft and the angle of the seat is more upright. At this point the travel of the seat is AT the half way point of it's full range.

I traded my '14 CL550 for this car and it acted just the same. IF the memory was set with the seat past it's halfway range to the rear, then when opening the door there would be no movement of the seat at all. IF the memory was set when the seat was over halfway to the front, then when the door was opened the seat would go aft to the halfway range and the angle of the seat would straighten up.

From my experience the Easy Entry does not function if the seat is NOT moved past the halfway range to the front. IMHO the easy entry/exit is useless for me. I'm not a steering wheel hugger with short legs.

Would anyone please set your memory seat to the middle position (your words)...............if you had left out the word MEMORY in this sentence I would have understood what you wanted better.

It seems the easy entry/exit only if the seats memory is set in the front half of its full travel. Easy entry/exit does squat for me in the past unless for unknown reasons I had moved the seat way fwd to the front half of its full travel and then opened the door.

Salesmen should be able to give you a full explanation of the easy entry/exit or at least get you talking to an experienced mechanic who 'knows his stuff'. The onlline operators manual isn't very helpful imho.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 198 Likes on 163 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
Originally Posted by 2014CL600
Would anyone please set your memory seat to the middle position and tilt your seat back as if you were leaning. Then after you have put that into memory, turn your car off, open the door and tell me what happens? Does the seat go back and the back of the seat push you up to a 90* angle? Once it does it thing, close the door and see if the seat goes back to your preset memory setting. I would really appreciate your help with this. It doesn't do this with the S sedan on their showroom floor and it doesn't do it with my CL600. They don't have one to compare it with and they say, they think it's normal. I think it's the easy entry module is defective. I've owned 8 CL 600's since 2000 and never once had a car not complete its full cycle back to my preset seating. Thanks in advance. I look forward to fining out if it's me or the car.
Hi, My 2016 S550 Coupe exhibits the same seat behavior as yours. After opening the door and getting in, the seat moves forward but not back to the memory inclined position. I have to push the Memory button to fully resume the memory position.

Like you, my 2006 CL500 repositioned to the Memory setting, but my 2016 S550C4 does not.

Some of us discussed this last year on another MBZ blog and the determination after someone contacted MBZ was that is the way MBZ designed it.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 S560 Cabrio, 2018 GLS450, 2020 GLB250
Each key fob is mapped to a different memory. It’s possible the key fob being used is mapped to memory 2. Memory 1 would be the other key fob.

Just a side note - I’m sure you know the memory button also saves the side mirrors. Many people don’t know it also saves the stereo settings such as stores stations and bass/treble, and dash settings like heads up display settings, etc. also if you put car in reverse and have side mirror switch set to passenger side, it will memorize a different mirror setting for when car is out in reverse.