My first MB, introductory post ... new shoes, too!

Old 02-21-2019, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S550 Coupe
My first MB, introductory post ... new shoes, too!

I've been lurking a few months, learned a lot! What a great community! Coming most recently from a '15 Audi S8, this is my first experience with the brand and so far I am loving it! This '15 S550 Coupe had 13k miles when I found it with original new-car wtty out to July of 2020, plus the CPO wtty on top of that. Reason for my post ... It came very well equipped, one owner, never damaged, but the original owner switched the multi-spoke 20" wheels, as originally equipped, to the 19" double 5-spoke with Conti RFs for some reason. I am a diehard Michelin PS A/S 3+ guy and had to find a 20" wheel to keep to original sizes so these S65 take offs fit the bill nicely.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 S550 Coupe
Originally Posted by KT88
I've been lurking a few months, learned a lot! What a great community! Coming most recently from a '15 Audi S8, this is my first experience with the brand and so far I am loving it! This '15 S550 Coupe had 13k miles when I found it with original new-car wtty out to July of 2020, plus the CPO wtty on top of that.
Congrats and welcome! I went from a 2015 Audi S8 to a 2015 S550 Coupe as well. I've had several of the big Mercedes coupes in the past and was ready for a change away from the comfy, fast Audi sedan. I do miss the nice Google Search voice integration of the Audi, however.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S550 Coupe
Originally Posted by mikey94025
Congrats and welcome! I went from a 2015 Audi S8 to a 2015 S550 Coupe as well. I've had several of the big Mercedes coupes in the past and was ready for a change away from the comfy, fast Audi sedan. I do miss the nice Google Search voice integration of the Audi, however.
Thank you! Nice to meet someone taking the same path. At first, I missed a lot of all things Audi such as the Google integration you mentioned and that sweet 4.0T V8. I had even been hunting an S8 Plus when I happened on this car. I still have the SIM from that car that I used in five prior Audis. Never know when I might need it again I'm sure you know that in 2017 many of the Audis lost the capability of sticking an AT&T or related SIM in the dash and having free access to those servers. I'm trying to see if my mBrace trial has any similar capabilities and find it very slooow and lacking in general. I am sending contacts to the car as fast as I can though as I do not think I'm going to subscribe after the trial.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:10 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 S550 Coupe
Originally Posted by KT88
I'm trying to see if my mBrace trial has any similar capabilities and find it very slooow and lacking in general. I am sending contacts to the car as fast as I can though as I do not think I'm going to subscribe after the trial.
Understandable... For consideration - Searching for addresses on your phone (of course not while driving) and then sending them to the car via the Mercedes Me app is the next best thing to good voice search. I also keep the basic mBrace subscription for the emergency unlock/locate features.
The following users liked this post:
KT88 (02-22-2019)