Few Questions - Car improvements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 12:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
S500 Coupé 2015
Few Questions - Car improvements

Hello Guys,

I read this forum for a long time now and I and I finally decided to register.
I own a French S500 Coup 2015 (AMG Line, Designo, Driver Assistant package, ILS, Splitview…). A great car. I wanted to change this year, but finally I keep it two years more. In 2 doors used car, the choice of quality cars is not wide.
We use the car almost exclusively for long journeys (at least 500 km) with me driving and my wife watching television or videos (on the splitview)…or sleeping of course, and we have some points that bother us. maybe you can help us?
  • Audio: I’have the standard audio Burmester system which is not so bad but for sure it can be improved. Did someone find a solution at a reasonable price?
  • Phone reception: I have the comfort telephony (386) The car, for sure, is well isolated. So the phone reception is really reduced inside the car, mainly in the countryside where the reception is less powerful and becomes unusable in the car. I tried the Mercedes SAP V4 but it did not change the situation. How do you manage this point?
  • Wifi: Mercedes wifi system is a pure joke. The technological choices were obsolete by birth and in addition the implementation by Mercedes is catastrophic. Does somebody install a third party 4G wifi in his car? Using the antennas of the car?
  • Phone mirroring: I’m looking after a simple way to add phone mirroring to the car. So my wife can watch films from is phone (android). Does someone find a simple solution for that?
  • Sport Black: The car arrived with chrome around the windows. I don’t really like that, surely because it reminds me of my parents' cars in the 80s (Renault 18). I think that this part can’t be changed as it does not exist in black? Am I wrong? So the only way is to wrap it. Is it hard to do by myself or I must ask a pro?
  • Cup Holder: The car came without cup holders. Is this the case on all S Coupe. I did not find a place to order the parts.
Thank you…. And sorry for my ‘french’ english

Crystal Grey / Black

Magnetite Black
Old 08-09-2019, 04:05 PM

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
Pollux,
I can comment on a couple of these points.

Chrome window trim: I also did not care for that so I had it vinyl wrapped in gloss black to match all the other black trim pieces. I thought about doing it myself but decided to have a professional, that works with vinyl all the time, do it for me. I had it done when I had a clear vinyl paint protective film put on all the front surfaces to protect from stone chips. So I don't know what that part cost me by itself. It looks great however.

Cup holders: My 2016 S550C4 has four cup holders. Two in the front center console just below the ash tray and two in the pull-down rear arm rest. The ones in front are removable from the console so perhaps yours were removed? The part number is A 222 683 00 75 if you want to check it out.

My phone reception in the US using iPhones is good in spite of the treatment in the glass.

I have the Code 810 sound system. I can't remember if this is the standard system or an upgrade but it sounds fine to my old ears.

These are great cars and I enjoy it every time I drive it.
The following users liked this post:
PolluxFrance (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 02:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
S500 Coupé 2015
Thank you for that reply,

For sure I really love this car too. I wanted to change it this year, but I give it two years more since there is not a lot of choice for replacement.

I'll try to get the cupholders with the given part number. thanks.

I have the 810 soud system too, which is the basic one,
For sure the music perception is an individual matter and often often 'old ears' are better suited to appreciate the quality of an audio system.
Mine, no longer young either, seem to appreciate a bit more the sound of the basic porsche panamera system. So I'm looking after a simple upgrade of the standard system.