Rookie Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 10:09 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
S63 AMG
Rookie Question

I did a search of the forum but couldn't find an answer. Also tried the owner's manual.

Here's the Question, today when I parked the car, S63, and returned to it, the rear window sunshade was up. This happened twice. Does the key fob when pressed multiple times when locking, activate this?? I know the roof sunshade is tied in, but I'm not sure about any automated function of the rear window shade....thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 165 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
never heard of that. look in the personal preferences or the programmed function , like lane keeping or lights staying on, such programmable functions, see if theres something like that.
It sounds like a malfunction to me
Old 10-05-2019, 11:12 PM

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
Originally Posted by SpiderAce
I did a search of the forum but couldn't find an answer. Also tried the owner's manual.
Here's the Question, today when I parked the car, S63, and returned to it, the rear window sunshade was up. This happened twice. Does the key fob when pressed multiple times when locking, activate this?? I know the roof sunshade is tied in, but I'm not sure about any automated function of the rear window shade....thanks in advance for the help.
Spider, For what it's worth, if it helps, my 2016 doesn't do that.