Missing Sound - Amplifier Issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 Coupe
Unhappy Missing Sound - Amplifier Issue?

Hey there,

Long time lurker first time poster!
Was wondering if anyone could assist in this issue as my local garage is unable to figure out a solution.
I recently purchased a 2016 S63 coupe and around a week ago I had sent it in to get strut rods replaced as well as an AC filter change.
When I got the car back I noticed a huge chunk of the sound frequency missing while listening to my usual selection of tracks.
It would seem that a vast majority of the mid range frequencies are barely audible i.e. 250hz - 3000hz
I've run a tone generator sweep and its glaringly obvious that this chunk is missing.

I immediately called the garage and they said to bring it in. Once checked they agreed theres an issue however they were unaware how to solve it as none of the cables/speakers were disconnected.
The only solution they could provide is a software update for command which they couldnt do then anyways because of this COVID 19 situation in germany.

Would really appreciate some help if anybody here has experienced similar issues. Could it be a faulty amplifier?

I might add that I have fiddled around with the EQ settings/auto volume adjuster/surround sound settings and still the issue persists. I have even tried -10 on the treble and bass to isolate the mid frequencies however when I boost them to +10 the gain is minimal.

Regards,

Last edited by ozymnd5; 05-11-2020 at 04:34 PM. Reason: addition
Old 05-11-2020, 07:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
The FUYAA will not work you need someone with MB XDOS diagnostics to define the fault
Old 06-25-2020, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 S550
Cool No Sound / Rear Door and dash Speakers Burmester 3D

Originally Posted by ozymnd5
Hey there,

Long time lurker first time poster!
Was wondering if anyone could assist in this issue as my local garage is unable to figure out a solution.
I recently purchased a 2016 S63 coupe and around a week ago I had sent it in to get strut rods replaced as well as an AC filter change.
When I got the car back I noticed a huge chunk of the sound frequency missing while listening to my usual selection of tracks.
It would seem that a vast majority of the mid range frequencies are barely audible i.e. 250hz - 3000hz
I've run a tone generator sweep and its glaringly obvious that this chunk is missing.

I immediately called the garage and they said to bring it in. Once checked they agreed theres an issue however they were unaware how to solve it as none of the cables/speakers were disconnected.
The only solution they could provide is a software update for command which they couldnt do then anyways because of this COVID 19 situation in germany.

Would really appreciate some help if anybody here has experienced similar issues. Could it be a faulty amplifier?

I might add that I have fiddled around with the EQ settings/auto volume adjuster/surround sound settings and still the issue persists. I have even tried -10 on the treble and bass to isolate the mid frequencies however when I boost them to +10 the gain is minimal.

Regards,
Hi Ozymnd5,

That's very interesting! I just bought home an used 2014 S550 4 Matic with the Burmester 3D sound system.
And, I too just noticed over the weekend that the rear back door especially the rear right as well as the speakers in the dash behind the headrest are not working.
Were you able to figure out what was your issue as well as the solution?

Regards,

Last edited by chaswills1516; 06-25-2020 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-25-2020, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 165 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
I had a problem, and they have a diagnostic program they run thru the system which is supposed to tell them anything that is wrong. I would take it to mb and let them figure it out.