Help with seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes S550 4matic w/ AMG pkg
Help with seats

I'm pulling my hair out and can't figure out why my seats won't return to my memory setting? I have my seat that saves to memory setting 1 with no problem. When I exit car, the car moves to whatever exit setting (which I also have NO idea how to set). Regardless, when I enter back in the car, the seats adjust to some funky setting, but I have to then manually press my seat setting 1 to get it to finish going to my setting.

Shouldn't the car register my key fob and basically go where the last setting was??
Old 07-01-2020, 07:23 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
Untill you get a straight answer........what I Hate about getting out of this S model, is the back of the seat goes Erect instead of layed back. If still layed back I can 'roll' out of the car easier. Straight up seat back......not good for egress imho.

There are at least a couple of threads on the seat on this forum with complaints. I'm Sure Mercedes never reads blogs like this. It's too evident they don't.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s63 coupe
i have the same issue, i just went to car setting and changed it to just steering wheel instead of steering wheel and seat
Old 07-04-2020, 06:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,155 Posts
'71 Pinto
Have someone check for software update(s) using MB diagnostics.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:45 AM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
Presently 19 S560 SEDAN, 2014 XK, SOLD GLE 450e
Originally Posted by stv519
i have the same issue, i just went to car setting and changed it to just steering wheel instead of steering wheel and seat
I'm taking your advice and just having the steering wheel adujst when exiting. Next servicing I'm going to demonstrate to 'someone' how the seat goes bolt upright when exiting (which I loathe) plus how when getting back in how the seat does not return to my stored setting but instead the seat back moves, but not to where I want it to go in my set seat settings. Maybe I need to buy one of those new F-150 pickemup trucks where the seat reclines to a flat beddy bye setting.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:36 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
S63 AMG
Keep us posted. I have the same issue. Have to hit the memory position button twice to get it to return exactly as I want it. I actually use memory button 1 for my exist button. I just set it to fully extend rearward and move the wheel up. A little more awkward than the auto function, but it gets the job done.