Oil Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Oil Change

Changing the oil on my CPO '16 S coupe (first time since purchase its been changed) with suction method only removed 6 qts of oil. I checked the oil level before the change and the dip stick showed min. Then upon refilling, it only took 7 1/2 qts. vs. the 8 1/2 it calls for to get to the max. level on the stick. Anyone have similar experiecnces.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:05 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
S63 AMG
I wouldn't get too concerned. I had a similar measurement experience. My OCD brain insists that the oil level be exactly at max. So when I checked my S63 (cold) it showed, to the best I could see, min. Well, I added a quart thinking I was a good little soldier. About a week later I decided to check the level and it actually showed about a quart OVER max. I was having the oil changed later in the month so I didn't worry about it. I have to say I really can't seem to get a consistent reading. I now just shoot for something in the middle. The motor has so many galleys and places for lube to hide that there is room for error based on how long it sits etc. I use the same suction method for my older Benz and it's difficult to get a full removal. Using the aspiration method it is really difficult to get 100% out. So, I guess I'm just saying, don't lose sleep over it and check it again to get an average or consistent measure. And good for you for doing the change yourself!

just my 2 cents worth.
The following users liked this post:
Jud Chapin (09-23-2020)