19 S560 Coupe Extended Warranty (Real owners please)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2023 | 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB250
19 S560 Coupe Extended Warranty (Real owners please)

About to buy a '19 S560 and wanted to see which extended warranty owners would recommend. So far I have gotten quotes from Truwarranty / Side car, Fidelity, and Assurant. Waiting on MB. Car is excellent condition, non CPO, < 25K miles.

Would appreciate feedback from actual owners, not vendors please. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2023 | 02:33 PM
Veteran: Air Force

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
Originally Posted by njbenz2020
About to buy a '19 S560 and wanted to see which extended warranty owners would recommend. So far I have gotten quotes from Truwarranty / Side car, Fidelity, and Assurant. Waiting on MB. Car is excellent condition, non CPO, < 25K miles. Would appreciate feedback from actual owners, not vendors please. Thanks.
For what it's worth, I bought a Fidelity 3 year warranty for my '16 S550 coupe when my MBZ warranty expired (w/ less than 25K miles). I say FWIW because I haven't yet had to use it. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (10-26-2023)
Old 10-28-2023 | 11:42 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
S63 AMG
I purchased extended for my S63, however I haven't needed to use it. It was rather pricey. What I'm doing in the future and recommenced to family and friends is,, Take the cost of your extended and stick it in a CD or other separate account should you need repairs. If you spend $3k on a warranty and never need it, you still have your $3k. Should you need repairs, you'll only go into a negative balance/cost should repairs exceed the warranty cost..... It's a Vegas kind of thing, but historically my extended warranty when used, often didn't exceed the actual cost of repairs. Take care of the car and you shouldn't see to much problem.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 10-30-2023 | 09:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
bmw 650
Originally Posted by SpiderAce
I purchased extended for my S63, however I haven't needed to use it. It was rather pricey. What I'm doing in the future and recommenced to family and friends is,, Take the cost of your extended and stick it in a CD or other separate account should you need repairs. If you spend $3k on a warranty and never need it, you still have your $3k. Should you need repairs, you'll only go into a negative balance/cost should repairs exceed the warranty cost..... It's a Vegas kind of thing, but historically my extended warranty when used, often didn't exceed the actual cost of repairs. Take care of the car and you shouldn't see to much problem.

Just my 2 cents worth.
In General I very much agree with you. However if you have a cabriolet I would recommend getting the warranty and if not crazy expensive get the glass protection. The roofs are an issue. With the back glass being many many thousands to repair.
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (10-30-2023)
Old 11-02-2023 | 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB250
Deciding between Continental and Fidelity. Would appreciate feedback from owners on either program.