Mercedes C217 S63 AMG - RPM unstable and stalling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E300
Mercedes C217 S63 AMG - RPM unstable and stalling

Hi there,

I recently purchased a 2017 S63 Coupe and i've been getting a few issues with the car.
  • When going below 5 MPH, and going up hill, the RPM is not consistent. Sometimes it can go up and down by itself regardless of how much im pushing the gas pedal. Because of this, the car jerks.
  • During idle, the RPM also isnt stable. And this only happened a few times but the car shuts off on its own after turning on.
  • Another thing is when im in 1st gear and shifting when on the red line, it takes significantly longer for the car to shift to 2nd gear. However, im not sure if this is related or not to the issue above.
Ive been to multiple dealerships and they werent able to find the issue. they tried to update the ECU but the issue still persist.
Has anyone been experiencing the same issue? And if so, did you find any other solution? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Note: There are no mods to this car except a custom cat back exhaust.
Old 11-21-2023, 12:09 PM

E300
Bump
Old 11-22-2023, 01:06 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
S63 AMG
You may try monitoring it with an OBDII diagnostic app (or scanner) while you're driving. Hard to say what it is... sort of reminds me of a vacuum leak in "the old days" when the computer was hunting for correct mixture. No CEL?
Old 11-24-2023, 05:53 PM

S63 Coupe
I have a 2016 that I just bought in July and it does the same thing uphill, slow approach to a light or similar and the whole car turns off. I have observed this seems to only happen if I forget to turn off the eco stop/start. There was some kind of recall that occurred early in these models that MB did an update on but apparently its still happening. Would LOVE to get to the bottom of it if you/anyone has any answer.
Old 11-26-2023, 02:11 PM

E300
Originally Posted by SpiderAce
You may try monitoring it with an OBDII diagnostic app (or scanner) while you're driving. Hard to say what it is... sort of reminds me of a vacuum leak in "the old days" when the computer was hunting for correct mixture. No CEL?
Thanks for the input, ill try to buy them and see what it says. Mercedes did use their own scanner and they didnt find anything, and the check engine light is not on.

Originally Posted by neon_blak
I have a 2016 that I just bought in July and it does the same thing uphill, slow approach to a light or similar and the whole car turns off. I have observed this seems to only happen if I forget to turn off the eco stop/start. There was some kind of recall that occurred early in these models that MB did an update on but apparently its still happening. Would LOVE to get to the bottom of it if you/anyone has any answer.
Mercedes did update my ECU but the issue still persist. Atleast i havent experienced the car turning off but the RPM is just not stable. Does your car turn off every time you go uphill? Seems like i have to press the gas pretty hard, for the RPM to be stable.