Just a quick note on ILS+ & Night Vision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 S550 Coupe, 2015 GL 550
Thumbs up Just a quick note on ILS+ & Night Vision

I just wanted to comment on anyone who has night vision and is considering the ILS+ mod. Before the ILS+ mod, my night vision would rarely (in fact I'm not sure I ever remember it detecting anything) before the ILS+ upgrade. Before ILS+ it simply was a button I could press to get night vision in the center screen. After activating ILS+ it works all the time, detecting people walking, bikes, I haven't seen any animals yet. But it really does catch people at night that I didn't see with my own eyes first. It almost feels like ILS+ is mandatory for the night vision to detect people and bikes. At least that has been my experience. Not to mention the ILS+ is pretty amazing to see in action and is truly useful even without night vision.

As a reminder, if you look at your headlights and they have ILS or Intelligent Lighting System (something like that) and you're in the United States your lights were dumbed down and don't take advantage of the ILS+ due to US regulations. You'll need to code them, or buy a plug and play OBD to code for you.
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM
SPONSOR

Received 810 Likes on 627 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by lexnoir
I just wanted to comment on anyone who has night vision and is considering the ILS+ mod. Before the ILS+ mod, my night vision would rarely (in fact I'm not sure I ever remember it detecting anything) before the ILS+ upgrade. Before ILS+ it simply was a button I could press to get night vision in the center screen. After activating ILS+ it works all the time, detecting people walking, bikes, I haven't seen any animals yet. But it really does catch people at night that I didn't see with my own eyes first. It almost feels like ILS+ is mandatory for the night vision to detect people and bikes. At least that has been my experience. Not to mention the ILS+ is pretty amazing to see in action and is truly useful even without night vision.

As a reminder, if you look at your headlights and they have ILS or Intelligent Lighting System (something like that) and you're in the United States your lights were dumbed down and don't take advantage of the ILS+ due to US regulations. You'll need to code them, or buy a plug and play OBD to code for you.
OBD plugs will never give the same results as tailored coding. there are so many headlights variants/versions and software version. with a OBD plug you'll only get BASIC enable
and even if you think so, you won't notice as you never compared

Last edited by BenzNinja; Yesterday at 10:20 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 S550 Coupe, 2015 GL 550
Of course you would say that. The OBD I found was specific to my make and model. ILS+ is ILS+ I'm not sure what more you can code, but hey, I'm not the expert. People are happy with your work, so I'm not knocking having someone code it, versus buying an ILS+ ODB activator which essentially does the same thing with less effort. To each his own.
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
SPONSOR

Received 810 Likes on 627 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by lexnoir
Of course you would say that. The OBD I found was specific to my make and model. ILS+ is ILS+ I'm not sure what more you can code, but hey, I'm not the expert. People are happy with your work, so I'm not knocking having someone code it, versus buying an ILS+ ODB activator which essentially does the same thing with less effort. To each his own.

It's just information, a script in a OBD plug can not handle variations like people having one B12 headlight version and the other one being B17 in details

That is why the automatic script does one the very basic settings in order to avoid conflicts

not details like using maps from MPC, not NV spotlight to dual, and so on

it works, but is in no way advanced

Last edited by BenzNinja; Yesterday at 11:06 AM.