S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

fuel distributor help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel distributor help!

i have a problem with my fuel ditributor, i have changed it so many times with used ones cuz i havent git new ones and i dint have the money to buy a new one either.
and every time i change it the same problem happens again.
the problem is that the engine is shaking and viberating even after the tune up and i have made a cylender heads grined for the valves because there was faulse valve and i have changed the fuel distributor six times and one of them was kind of good and all of the others were bad
the car top speed now is less than 200 km/h !!

PS: i have a new transmission and all of the engine parts are good except for that fuel distributor

Can i open the fuel distributor and fix it? can it be fixed and rebuilded?
can i fix it my self? if so, tell me what do i need to do that?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Originally Posted by Mr.560sec
i have a problem with my fuel ditributor, i have changed it so many times with used ones cuz i havent git new ones and i dint have the money to buy a new one either.
and every time i change it the same problem happens again.
the problem is that the engine is shaking and viberating even after the tune up and i have made a cylender heads grined for the valves because there was faulse valve and i have changed the fuel distributor six times and one of them was kind of good and all of the others were bad
the car top speed now is less than 200 km/h !!

PS: i have a new transmission and all of the engine parts are good except for that fuel distributor

Can i open the fuel distributor and fix it? can it be fixed and rebuilded?
can i fix it my self? if so, tell me what do i need to do that?
I replaced my fuel distributor last week with one rebuilt by Python. I got it from adsitco.com for $449.99
Old 11-09-2005, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'84 500SEL euro, '89 560SEL, '80 450SL
Beware of Adsit. You can purchase a remanufactured fuel distributor from Bob Christ @ totalautowarehouse.com, remaned by Crown with a one year warranty for $133.62 ('84 500SEL).

Adsit sold me a "new, Original" MB dashpad for my car. First was damaged and was a recover job. They charged me for s/h back. The second dashpad was originally blue that had been resprayed black and was for a 1981 "only" car. It came with a large hole in the center of the dash for a sensor location which my car doesn't have. Adsit would not correct the problem and tried to send a "plug" to fill the hole, but sent a used sensor for my to place in the "wound".

Based upon their so-called policy, they stated that they were not inclined to correct the problem, yet they didn't realize that they never satisfied the contract by sending "non-conforming goods" to establish a basis for their position.

Beware of Adsit, and pass the word along to anyone who thinks of buying from them. Very poor business practices.