S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

Problem with SEC seat belt presenter---

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with SEC seat belt presenter---

Hi everyone- I hope you had a happy holiday season.

My passenger side seat belt presenter on my 500SEC has ceased to work. I took off the rear panel so i could pull the assembly out of the car. Using a 9v battery, i got the motor to work both ways, so that is not the problem. I then used a multimeter to be sure that their was power getting to it, there was, so no problem there. I also pulled out the two push-down switches that tell the car when the door is closed. They both worked. The top one seems to be the one that makes the seat bet presenter work. I ran a continuity test though, and it worked just fine. The only thing i have to go on is that it appears that one of the switches is missing a wire. I think that might be the problem, however, based on what i know from playing with the working side, a lack of current through the switch should make it extend. It did not.

Sorry for the long explanation i let me know and i can clear up any questions.

Thanks in advance for your help.