S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

Economical Driving Indicator/sunroof too

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 420SEL
Economical Driving Indicator/sunroof too

hi. does anyone know how to repair (if it doesn't require a mechanic) the economical driving indicator. mine worked well and coincidently stuck on full red post a carwash visit. i don't know if they are unrelated or completely coincidental. if there are any relays or fuses i should check etc... any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

also if anyone has thoughts on the best place, cost and quality wise, to get a sunroof repaired.

thanks a bunch for your time in advance
traci
Old 08-07-2007, 03:58 PM

1990 560 SEC (modified), SLK55, CLK500
Hi Traci, the Econ indicator is really just a vacuum gauge. nice of MB to put it there, as you can obviously see you have a vacuum issue. Most likely, the car wash sprayed into the engine bay and loosened one of the many vacuum lines.

What is wrong with the sunroof?

BTW, you might want to try posting at some of the more active mercedes forums...
Old 08-11-2007, 02:11 PM

1987 420SEL
econ meter and sunroof

thanks drakon.

would that effect my idle too? hate to sound dumb but i had an idle issue that was related (i think) to the idle speed motor which may be going - maybe it's all related - i just realized because i just tried them but there could be an interrelated issue with the climate control - the air is not working and it seems to be stuck in defrost - my list goes on eh

on the sunroof - it's the right side rail that is busted - think it got hung up on liner - seems as though my mechanic, the dealer etc that i have asked want to charge large sums to fix - seems as though in other parts of the country there are people that do sunroof repairs regularly and much more reasonably in terms of price - i was hoping someone could give me an "outside the box" idea on who might do repairs on sunroofs and for less than the aforementioned options

thanks for your help and where did you think would be a good forum to turn to?

best
~traci

Last edited by tracib; 08-11-2007 at 02:28 PM.