S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

Fuse blowing repeatedly.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 300SE
Fuse blowing repeatedly.

Fuse #15 on my 300SE (8A) covers most of the aft located gear on my car including aut. antenna, central locking system, switch over valve seat back arrestor etc. The fuse blew once and seemed to work fine upon replacement. Two weeks later it blew again. As soon as replaced it immediately blew. Being on the road, I put in a 16A to get me home and all seemed to be well. A short while later the 16A blew. I though it might be my antenna which was stuck. After unplugging, fuse still blew. To test systems, I put in a 30A. I know this was not a good idea but was able to run just about everything. A short while later, I smelled a bit of smoke in the trunk and immediately shut down. I have since disconnected the antenna, seat back arrestor, electric compressor for the door locks and will still blow the 8A fuse upon replacement. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I would not think any bulb problems would contribute and the seat memory control seemed to work fine when I tested circuits with the larger fuse in. Any thoughts anyone?