S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

300 SDL part 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What ever is RUNNING
Question 300 SDL part 2

1. Ordered a CD for the car on EBAY (wiring and Maint.)
2. The following DOES NOT WORK.
a: Window lifts R.F. and L.R.
b: Sunroof (makes noise inside TRYS to move but does not.
c: Window lift L.F. motor works but no movement (are these geared?
d: Radio (has Becker speakers POP but no sound) Thinking of an Alpine with XM
e: Cruise Control: Does not LOCK on speed all other functions work.
We are doing a MINOR Restore on the car. Already Painted and ordered new bumper Chrome, front and rear. Will redye (surprise) with LEATHERIQUE (big surprise) the interior. SMALL split in drivers seat bottom and the usual fade all over.
BIG QUESTION Where these interiors 2 tone? Piping looks like Cream and the leather is Parchment. From experience the parchment fade looks correct BUT the trim (doors, windows, pipng etc) is Cream. Does this make sense?
Ordered the owners manual so we can figure out the Climate system.
Any and all information would be GREAT!
Old 06-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Jer

1994 E320
If the sunroof does not move, do not continue trying to operate it. You might have a simple problem that you make worse. The cable might have failed (they simply wear out). It is easy to install a new one.

If the cruise control does not lock on a speed, how can the other functions work? Do you mean it has a hard time maintaining the set speed on hills and decents?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:51 PM

What ever is RUNNING
Originally posted by Jer
If the sunroof does not move, do not continue trying to operate it. You might have a simple problem that you make worse. The cable might have failed (they simply wear out). It is easy to install a new one.

If the cruise control does not lock on a speed, how can the other functions work? Do you mean it has a hard time maintaining the set speed on hills and decents?
The cruise function of "ACCEL" works. When you get to the speed it does not HOLD IT. Now, I have NO CLUE as to the operation of this car we have had it since 6/17/2004. No owners manual or anything. I am going by how the cruise on the Porsche works.

Cabel? where is it?
Old 06-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Jer

1994 E320
Sunroof cable runs in a guide tube in between the headliner and roof. You have to slide the sunroof back about 3/4, then pull down on the front of the sunroof headliner to disengage the 4 holding clips. Then the headliner slides out towards the front and is removed from the top of the vehicle. The cable and tube will then be accessible.

If the CC does not hold the speed, the amplifier might be defective. You can get a rebuilt unit for much less than new.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:00 AM

What ever is RUNNING
Originally posted by Jer
Sunroof cable runs in a guide tube in between the headliner and roof. You have to slide the sunroof back about 3/4, then pull down on the front of the sunroof headliner to disengage the 4 holding clips. Then the headliner slides out towards the front and is removed from the top of the vehicle. The cable and tube will then be accessible.

If the CC does not hold the speed, the amplifier might be defective. You can get a rebuilt unit for much less than new.
Sunroof will not MOVE. Upon looking at the SEAL on between the roof anf the suntoof iy ALMOST looks like it is hung there. If the roof os fixed in place would presseure on the outside allow it to drop and then move back?

Also who has a tool kit?
Thanks for your help
Old 07-02-2004, 05:29 AM

Boy am i talking out my a## here, but i heard that undoing the brains of the cruise control and just touching a soldering iron to all the solder point, effectively resoldering it will bring it back to life...anyone heard that or am i off my rocker??
Old 07-02-2004, 08:39 AM
Jer

1994 E320
Depending on the problem, it might or might not help. I have heard positive reports after this was done. If the components are bad then you are out of luck.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:00 AM

What ever is RUNNING
Originally Posted by Jer
Depending on the problem, it might or might not help. I have heard positive reports after this was done. If the components are bad then you are out of luck.
Ok where is this piece at? Bought a CD SET off EBAY and he never shipped it! So I just bought another from books4cars CD set. The sunroof now goes UP and tries to go back. Getting there.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Jer

1994 E320
The amplifier is under the driver's knee bolster. You have to remove some plastic (and in a 126, wood) trim pieces to reveal the screws which secure the bolster. There are also some screws underneath. The parking brake and hood release handles must also come out.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:10 PM

What ever is RUNNING
Originally Posted by Jer
The amplifier is under the driver's knee bolster. You have to remove some plastic (and in a 126, wood) trim pieces to reveal the screws which secure the bolster. There are also some screws underneath. The parking brake and hood release handles must also come out.
Thank you!