S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

420 SEL Cracked Valve Cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'87 420 W126
420 SEL Cracked Valve Cover

Hey guys, I'm new here and this is my first thread on the site. Been apart of the BenzWorld forum since March. But started lurking here a few months ago.

So my car wouldn't start a month ago and I got it towed to my father's shop (he's my mechanic) I went to BenzWorld and asked over there if they knew the cause of the issue

What happened: I was revving my car at a few stoplights for a couple of weeks just having fun. After a while I started smelling raw fuel from my car. They ended up telling me that it was probably my EHA, EHA rings, or my fuel return lines. I tell my father and we try this whole time to troubleshoot the issue...

He tells me today of news that my timing chain cracked my Valve cover (told BenzWorld that it was my cylinder head by uncertainty but it's the valve cover). This is my only car. I have no other one. He basically told me I have to get another engine or get another car. I don't know if he can fix it or not.
​​​​​​
(I bought my car for $950 and not in the best condition back in March!)

What would you guys advise me to do. I don't want to get rid of my car like my dad advised and I'm firm on that. I'm 23 with a better source of income than before. I am in the market at the moment for a second vehicle (been thinking OBS Yukon with a reliable Small Block Chevy).

​​​​​