S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

Air Cushion / Orthopedic Seat Backrest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500 SEL
Air Cushion / Orthopedic Seat Backrest

My 84 500SEL has the Orthopedic Seat Backrest option for both the front driver and passenger seats. Beside each seatbelt receiver are two controls -- one, a lever that has A -- E on it, and another, a dial with 0 -- 4.

According to the owners manual, the control an inflatable air cushion that is built into the backrest. On my car, however, neither control -- on either of the two seats -- seems to change anything.

Does anyone have any ideas on why they both would not work? Could the problem be a electrical e.g. relay or fuse (I checked the fuses -- all seem to be fine)? Thanks!
Old 01-18-2005, 04:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR500SEL
My 84 500SEL has the Orthopedic Seat Backrest option for both the front driver and passenger seats. Beside each seatbelt receiver are two controls -- one, a lever that has A -- E on it, and another, a dial with 0 -- 4.

According to the owners manual, the control an inflatable air cushion that is built into the backrest. On my car, however, neither control -- on either of the two seats -- seems to change anything.

Does anyone have any ideas on why they both would not work? Could the problem be a electrical e.g. relay or fuse (I checked the fuses -- all seem to be fine)? Thanks!
If you have an air leak the seat valves will not have any pressure to inflate the seats. But then you might hear an air leak. The pump may also be having a few problems.