S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Fake emblems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
If the interior look outdated why do this homeboy smilie..........?? and the other S class he like whatever........
https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221/112728-mercedes-s-class-3-generations-comparison-w140-w220-w221.html
I've seen the post. I already said that the W140 was my favorite S-class too. My GFs mom still drives one of those right now. That doesnt mean the car isnt outdated.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Originally Posted by BenzKid200
I've seen the post. I already said that the W140 was my favorite S-class too. My GFs mom still drives one of those right now. That doesnt mean the car isnt outdated.
outdated? now days most of the new car have that outdated look....... for example........the new Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Mustang, 911, and Mini just to name a few.......
Old 08-30-2005, 04:17 PM

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
WOW..thanks for that link..what a great comparo. The new Sclass is horrible, the dash is BMW ugly and the exterior looks something like a Town Car. I had to try to like 220, but this thing just plane sucks.

140 all the way, not too good on design, but what a car, driving feel is pure Benz, 220 doesnt even come close to that, it so much more Lexus like, and we all know Lexus is for DEAD people..no feel for anything what so ever.

Thanks for the link.

P.S. Gusy stop fighting..
Old 08-30-2005, 04:20 PM

c43
Originally Posted by NY C32
"THE ALMIGHTY W220 S-Class IS BETTER THAN ANY W140 S-Class"
AHAHAHAHA
Old 08-30-2005, 04:24 PM

c43
when one of you updates the w140s inside then I will bow down because you will have one of the best benz's ever, well beside a 02 sl600 silver arrow
Old 08-30-2005, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
outdated? now days most of the new car have that outdated look....... for example........the new Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Mustang, 911, and Mini just to name a few.......
Retro and outdated aren't interchangeable.

Good news for you MARCI: If this retro thing continues, you could hang onto that Saab and rebadge it as a 2018 Saab 900 turbo.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Retro and outdated aren't interchangeable.

Good news for you MARCI: If this retro thing continues, you could hang onto that Saab and rebadge it as a 2018 Saab 900 turbo.
no matter what.....you can have an outdated look as long as it a current model 2006 and people would still buy them because it expensive.....or they like that old look.......
Old 08-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Banned

no matter what.....you can have an outdated look as long as it a current model 2006 and people would still buy them because it expensive.....or they like that old look.......

Your kidding right? I am talking about the outdated interior, Everything in that car looks soo old. Have you been inside the mini or the mustang, or the rolls royce? The interior looks really nice. (never been inside a new mustang). For the time, the interior was very nice but now... its just outdated and it should be to, those cars are what fourteen years old?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:48 AM

a Few Nice cars.
outdated is such a ulgy word to use..afterall were talking about a MERCEDES-BENZ,not a apple computer.Therefore the term we NEED to use is CLASSIC...noooo its not a 54 300sl Gullwing(Best Mercedes Ever IMHO).But the w140 stands for the LAST German made Mercedes and what a way to go out before American's Chrysler got ahold of them...But the w140 IS and ALLWAYS be a classic,not some outdated POS..Its the best of the best Mercedes ever made for a Family Luxury Sedan,nothing has or ever beat it....german....historic...classic. period.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by BenzKid24
outdated is such a ulgy word to use..afterall were talking about a MERCEDES-BENZ,not a apple computer.Therefore the term we NEED to use is CLASSIC...noooo its not a 54 300sl Gullwing(Best Mercedes Ever IMHO).But the w140 stands for the LAST German made Mercedes and what a way to go out before American's Chrysler got ahold of them...
Well said
Old 08-31-2005, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your kidding right? I am talking about the outdated interior, Everything in that car looks soo old. Have you been inside the mini or the mustang, or the rolls royce? The interior looks really nice. (never been inside a new mustang). For the time, the interior was very nice but now... its just outdated and it should be to, those cars are what fourteen years old?
I'm not kidding.......Let see you got a 2002 CLK 430 right? tell me that your interior is outdated too......because your CLK interior look almost like the S Class W 140 or E W210 style......your interior do not look like the CL W215, S W220, C W203....which if you think it an updated interior.....don't get me wrong here I like your CLK interior........it got that classic look of what the Benz it all about... ...and yes I been in those cars that I name a few......
Old 08-31-2005, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well said
I'm with you on that one.......
Old 08-31-2005, 04:52 PM
Banned

I'm not kidding.......Let see you got a 2002 CLK 430 right? tell me that your interior is outdated too......because your CLK interior look almost like the S Class W 140 or E W210 style......your interior do not look like the CL W215, S W220, C W203....which if you think it an updated interior.....don't get me wrong here I like your CLK interior........it got that classic look of what the Benz it all about... ...and yes I been in those cars that I name a few......
Looks wise, I like my interior much more than the new W209. Outdated? yes my interior too is outdated in my opinion. I have a POS Verizon cell phone that came with the car which I cannot stand/ dont even use. Do I want to YES. Can I? No because it's outdated. I wish my car came with bluetooth connected, Ipod adapter, and new Navi like the newer mercedes but it doesnt. BTW, the reason I hate the interior of the W209 is because of the window controls. I hate the fact that they are on the driver side like those civics and IS300s and not in the center like the W208 CLK and W140 S-class.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looks wise, I like my interior much more than the new W209. Outdated? yes my interior too is outdated in my opinion. I have a POS Verizon cell phone that came with the car which I cannot stand/ dont even use. Do I want to YES. Can I? No because it's outdated. I wish my car came with bluetooth connected, Ipod adapter, and new Navi like the newer mercedes but it doesnt. BTW, the reason I hate the interior of the W209 is because of the window controls. I hate the fact that they are on the driver side like those civics and IS300s and not in the center like the W208 CLK and W140 S-class.
I am with you on that one.... ...if you ask me if your CLK W208 interior is outdated......no....in my opinion.....that how a Benz should be and look like.....about the new Benz that have Ipod, bluetooth and navi.......that nothing......you could upgrade all those with your car with the aftermarket system which would be better than the factory stock..... ...
Old 09-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Banned

I am with you on that one.... ...if you ask me if your CLK W208 interior is outdated......no....in my opinion.....that how a Benz should be and look like.....about the new Benz that have Ipod, bluetooth and navi.......that nothing......you could upgrade all those with your car with the aftermarket system which would be better than the factory stock..... ...
I'm not saying the look of my interior is outdated, I love the black wood or watever it is, love the buttons and controls. Technology wise, the car is old school and very outdated for the time. IMO, Mercedes sux at technology and are way behind their competitors. Its funny because take a '93 S320 or 420 and for its time, that car is crazy. Its got those two things that come up so you can see behind you (which does absolutley nothing but its really cool), you have the suction doors, the wierd AC/Heater (blue and red thing which also does nothing buts its really cool). Now take a 2001 S500, Pretty much nothing special about it. No one is going to buy this thing because OMG it does ... The only reason people buy it is because it's an S-class and people know it's prestigous. You have those Acura's (I think) which have real time traffic navi which tells you the shortest route to take factoring in traffic or the Nissan/Infinities with the 3D navi. Don't know about all Nissan's but the 350Z's tell you how much air pressure you have in each tire. Mercedes doesn't have that either. Mercedes still deosnt even have bluetooth capabilities in cars!

So basically i guess when I say the W140 is outdated, I mean it for all mercedes. I even admitted to mine being outdated. Do I care? Ya, my car has nothing special that makes it stand out from other cars. Thats just my 2 cents.

Last edited by BenzKid200; 09-01-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:43 AM

S280
I’m a modest S280 owner, which I appreciate is the bottom end of the range, however I do understand that there is something a special about the W140 and still feel very proud to drive probably the best luxury saloon produced in the last decade.

I find the old “to badge” debate amusing and felt compelled to add my comments from across the water. Those who wish to badge will not appreciate my comments because ultimately they wouldn’t badge if they understood what the flagship model represents. Genuine S500 and S600 owners are well within their rights to feel aggrieved when someone falsely claims to own the pinnacle of four door saloons.

This is because it devalues the small number of genuine cars out there. If you are lucky enough to own a S500 or S600 and run it, you probably worked bloody hard for it. It’s funny how you don’t get anyone buying an S500 and sticking a S280 badge in a statement to say, “look how economical my S Class is!” “It’s more Eco friendly than yours!” “Mine cost almost half the insurance of yours!” No! Because it’s about prestige. To badge an S320 as a V12 is like wearing a fake Rolex or a Polo Shirt with a dodgy Rolph Loren logo. Once you got inside the fake it would be like discovering that well breasted female you pulled at the club had chicken fillet implants …..Disappointing and not what you hoped for. It just states that you are a dreamer and confirms you can’t afford the model you really want.

Every time you take a fake badged car in for a service the engineers must be laughing at you, even if it’s not to your face. Be proud to be an S Class owner, mod it how you like but don’t badge it as something it’s not. Let me sum up by saying “If you were a sheep and you were born in a stable, would it make you a thoroughbred racehorse?
Old 09-01-2005, 12:37 PM

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Amen!!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:46 PM

'03 E39 530I
Youre talking about class? Yeah, fake badges just exude class.

Originally Posted by maci911
it has no class whatsoever....
Old 09-01-2005, 09:33 PM

96 SL500, 97 E420
Anyone who would put a S500/S600 badge on a S320 would probably put a sock in their pants as well (trying to show people what you don't really have). However sooner or later you will be exposed for the fraud you are....
Old 09-01-2005, 09:54 PM

c43
Originally Posted by Supercon
I’m a modest S280 owner, which I appreciate is the bottom end of the range, however I do understand that there is something a special about the W140 and still feel very proud to drive probably the best luxury saloon produced in the last decade.

I find the old “to badge” debate amusing and felt compelled to add my comments from across the water. Those who wish to badge will not appreciate my comments because ultimately they wouldn’t badge if they understood what the flagship model represents. Genuine S500 and S600 owners are well within their rights to feel aggrieved when someone falsely claims to own the pinnacle of four door saloons.

This is because it devalues the small number of genuine cars out there. If you are lucky enough to own a S500 or S600 and run it, you probably worked bloody hard for it. It’s funny how you don’t get anyone buying an S500 and sticking a S280 badge in a statement to say, “look how economical my S Class is!” “It’s more Eco friendly than yours!” “Mine cost almost half the insurance of yours!” No! Because it’s about prestige. To badge an S320 as a V12 is like wearing a fake Rolex or a Polo Shirt with a dodgy Rolph Loren logo. Once you got inside the fake it would be like discovering that well breasted female you pulled at the club had chicken fillet implants …..Disappointing and not what you hoped for. It just states that you are a dreamer and confirms you can’t afford the model you really want.

Every time you take a fake badged car in for a service the engineers must be laughing at you, even if it’s not to your face. Be proud to be an S Class owner, mod it how you like but don’t badge it as something it’s not. Let me sum up by saying “If you were a sheep and you were born in a stable, would it make you a thoroughbred racehorse?
Very well said
Old 09-01-2005, 09:56 PM

c43
Originally Posted by gqmagic
Anyone who would put a S500/S600 badge on a S320 would probably put a sock in their pants as well (trying to show people what you don't really have). However sooner or later you will be exposed for the fraud you are....
well said and funny....
Old 09-01-2005, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by Supercon

Thank you! Maybe Marci will take the advice from you and other S-class owners.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:02 PM

a Few Nice cars.
friend of mine and i were talking about this very popluar question and I thought it would be MUCH more FUN to own a real S55 or the Big Daddy of them all the S65 and take every v12,v12 BiTurbo,S55,S65,S600 badge off and put s320 or s420 on instead and then REALLY shock the people you leave in the dust "Oh my god you see that s320 own that 750IL!!!!"LOL now thats funny....all kidding aside if you own your car...DO WHAT YOU WANT..its your car,lol no matter how anyone feels about it its your car and you have to live with what ever type of feedback you get from it,good or bad.IMO though its not my cup of tea,but again im not going to judge something that someone does that makes them feel better about themselfs..increase in peace!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
This guy is bating the **** out of all of you. You should all ignore his *** and his pathetic rebadging thread. You wanna make a statement to this thick skulled mother****er? Then ignore his lame poser thread and leave it alone. That will make him understand that doing this **** is poser and stupid more than all of the insults in the world. Marci, take your ***** *** over to the Civic forums and believe me they will be more than happy to help you rebadge your 3.slow.

Man where the hell is Ricky!? C'mon and shut this stupid thing down.

Last edited by davis449; 10-13-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:04 PM

a Few Nice cars.
Originally Posted by davis449
This guy is bating the **** out of all of you. You should all ignore his *** and his pathetic rebadging thread. You wanna make a statement to this thick skulled mother****er? Then ignore his lame poser thread and leave it alone. That will make him understand that doing this **** is poser and stupid more than all of the insults in the world. Marci, take your ***** *** over to the Civic forums and believe me they will be more than happy to help you rebadge your 3.slow.

Man where the hell is Ricky!? C'mon and shut this stupid thing down.
Whats the deal??? Ok so it makes NO sense for YOU to get all pissy and anrgy about it???its not like he did it to YOUR ride,Its his-he OWNS it..he wanted peoples feedback..its either YEAH COOL or NAH MAN DONT DO IT...not cussin and screamin like a bunch of babies..Get over it and let the man do what he wants..weather you like it or not...ITS NOT YOURS to deal with.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fake emblems