S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Summer 06 Projected Goals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a Few Nice cars.
Summer 06 Projected Goals

Hey all its been a WHILE sine i have posted my own thread.as many of you know my Unlce Passed Away in Jan and My Wife and I have moved back to Missouri and currently staying with My Parents(were planing to move to Branson Mo and open a Cigar Lounge) anyhow I felt since I have the time I would post a few goals I have for the Summer of 06 for my car.I just did $3500 worth of things:Tune-Up,New Wiring Harness ect ect but here is my list of Summer Projects..feel free to list your projects for your w140 too!!

New Mercedes OEM Seat Covers for both front seats(back seats are perfect)
New S600 Grill carbon fiber(like Omeys)
New Floor Mats
Navigation System Pioneer A-VIC
New Tires 245/40/18 (dont know brand yet)
so far thats it................................................ ......BK
Old 02-22-2006, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
Why don't you go crazy on the seats and make some custom? Tailored to your likings! Or do you like that oem appearance? Nice goals though. The Michelen PS2's have been given lots of thumbs up...
Old 02-22-2006, 02:00 AM

a Few Nice cars.
i like the oem,i really dont want to go extreme,just a "clean" look,plus the rear seat bench is perfectly fine...do you know about how much a set of 4 run for?(tires)
Old 02-22-2006, 10:30 AM

1997 S600 Sedan
Michelin Pilot Sport 2's are over $200 each. Try www.tirerack.com for a start with tire pricing. For my choice, I would not select a high performance summer tire. With a car this heavy, I think you'd be lucky to get 10,000 miles out of a soft compound sports car tire in normal driving. And, in my mind, the S-class is far from a sports car and simply doesn't need the ultimate grip that the PS2's offer, unless you do some crazy driving in your S-class. And if you do do a lot of agressive driving in your W140, expect even shorter tread life. Also, the PS2 is a summer tire. They'll be like hockey pucks and very slippery in cold temps (even on dry pavement). If you drive your car year round, you'll want to get a separate set of winter tires. I'm coming up on tire replacement myself. I'll be getting an all-season H-speed rated tire of some sort, which is what comes OEM (at least on 16 in wheels). The AMG S-class may get Z-rated max performance tires OEM, but I just don't see the purpose for this car.

I suppose, if money isn't a factor then what I'm saying doesn't matter (except the part about using summer tires in winter. That's a safety issue that many people may not be aware of. High performance summer tires loose tremendous traction when ambient temps drop into the 40's and lower. And for snow, forget it.).

Let us know how the seat cover replacement works out. I'm sure you can expect high cost for the covers from Mercedes, but I'm curious just how high. It's good to see someone who wants to keep his car in good shape cosmetically. Most won't drop the coin to keep their cars looking good (probably because they spent it all on keeping it running).

Brett